Browns Bay Reports

RiverBoy

Just curious if the pinks are holding up there or not. Hearing reports of respectable amounts of fish zipping into the Campbell system already. I was hoping to get my kids into a few pinks. good fish to learn on me thinks. Also any springs sniffing around?

Last report I got was not so much....
Don't have many details but I'm not hearing of any lights out fishing.
Read last Thursdays North Islander / Echo news paper.

Haven't seen a whole lot of pinks in the river, nothing of what it usually is anyways, still a little early i suppose.

Just looking for any info on pinks up at Browns bay. My little guy wants me to take him up there for the evening on Thursday. I am heading up there regardless but if anyone knows if there are pinks to be caught it would be helpful.
I will post after I get back.
Thx

Yah there's fish there. Not lots, but they are there. Last monday we were up at Chatham Point looking for springs fishing anchovies at 130-140 feet, and it was real hectic for pinks. We stopped at Browns and picked up a few more. Like I said , we were fishing for springs so we were deeper. I imagine if you were at the appropriate depth70-90 feet using pink stuff you would do better. I imagine this rain might get them coming down closer to Browns. Seems awful late though....

Pinks were everywhere along the wall. Best family fun fishing I have had in a long time. Hooked about 8 got 4 in the boat and had what was the biggest Chinook on the line fighting for 10 minutes that I have fought. Unfortunately we never got to see it. Still lots of fun and all between 6 and 8pm.
I hope to get there again this week.
Cheers

We are going to try a change of scenery from the hump and head up BB way this afternoon.
Any good reports?
I will hopefully post something interesting later!

Gong Show

Just a word of caution... there are sockeye showing up. One guide I talked to got his guests into 6 pinks and 6 socks today. I got two as well. I doubt that everyone can identify them, let alone know that they are closed.

Just a word of caution... there are sockeye showing up. One guide I talked to got his guests into 6 pinks and 6 socks today. I got two as well. I doubt that everyone can identify them, let alone know that they are closed.
Might have been safer not to post anything...Now people know they are there. I am sure they will release them along with the unclipped hatchery coho and the black gummed coho.

what is the Forecast for Johnston straight Chum This year?

The seiners were in the area passed couple of days for a "pink" opening but who knows what comes into the nets and what is done with the incidentals.

Based on Alaska chum fishery and the mid coast chum fishery this year... I would say a good chance of a excellent fishery... :)

It should be a good fishery this year but because of no sockeye fishing and limited pink fisheries due to sockeye conservation I think the seiners will be in hords this year leaving scraps for the rec guys I.M.O.P!

Heading up this way on Saturday/Sunday anybody been up this way lately want to share some info? post it or send me a pm will be up discovery passage and around Stuart island to Little Dent for the weekend

My buddy and I are trying to decide whether to head north or south from the ramp tomorrow.
Have not heard much chatter either way.

Gong Show

Had a buddy fish all last weekend up around Stuart (Denam Bay, Hall Point) said it was very slow. He tried Bute but nothing there either.

Back