Browns Bay reports

I guess youll have the downriggers already up next time!

And the net ready, and a new rod. We will be heading up again next week (weather dependent). Ended up with 25lbs of filets for the smoker. Significant other was very excited and can't wait to go again. :)

hey if a couple guys wanted to spend the night for two days of fishing at browns bay where would be the place to go ? is there anywhere right at marina like a fifth wheel for rent ?

Tried deepwater and plumper bay today and got nothing. We never saw a net out on any of the 20 or so boats around us and only saw a couple jumpers. The person at browns bay said one chum came in yesterday. Maybe next week??

Thanks for the report I was about a hour away from heading out with the family.
Maybe Monday, that commie opening must have cleaned up the straights.

Not sure if the commies cleaned it out or what but it was surprisingly slow. Thought the comercial guys were farther north

I was told that prior to the commie opening there were dogs every where, if there opening was further North thats why we are seeing the effects now, the fish below the opening just keep moving.
I think I will try Monday, to bad its like glass out there.

OMG!!! Get out there!!!! You wont believe it!!!!!

now reality....... yesterday lots of fish moving and finning and jumping-- and damn few caught . Today??? What a great day for a boat ride!!!! Seas as flat as **** on a plate!... Saw a total of two bunches of chums moving on down. I didnt get a strike........... partner got a wild coho, I didnt get a strike.. Saw only one other hook-up. But it could have been a coho. Took a close look at the gillnet boats out there... there were getting nothing during the time we were around. Maybe next week will see a bunch more fish.

who knows, my first guess is the dry weather, second guess is the moon cycle, third guess is maybe the commies nuked a ton of them in the lower straits and the numbers are down right now. We only marked one or two small schools on friday.

why?

Lorne

Not sure why but I can agree with tortuga on this one. I work with an ex commie troller and he was also talking of times up around Sayward when there was more fish than you could ever ask for yet could not get one to hit no matter what . I have also seen this for my self up at Deepwater. One thing I did notice was when one did hit it was never just one always seemed to get a double or two back to back FAST. Then nothing again for the rest of the day. I think when I do get up there I will incorporate the method of stooping and letting the gear go dead.,then hitting it .That has worked in the past. Some times we hit them while going backwards in the rip, ut often when it was no bites we would get a hit by this method out of the rip and in the slack water closer to the RCA while just coming off the rocks.

Back