Browns Bay north?

Too windy in the last week to get out and I was busy with other things.
Will be out all next week, although that won't help you this weekend with info.
They should be coming in heavy real soon if not right now.
As for Coho, good luck, I think for the most part they are through (what little we saw of them this year)
Still might be the odd Spring hanging around.

Let us know if they start coming in next week 'blueorca'.
I've got all next week off and was thinking of hitting it early with the super weather forcast for next week. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the info BlueOrca, I might see you there on Sat. With the rain I figure the Chum should be in by now. I agree with your Coho comment and even if there are a few I have never caught any clipped Coho up there. Too bad they closed Sock's.

Spent Tues - Thurs at April Point on Quadra. Saw a few Chum being brought in by the guides, but the word was it was still just building. Most of the guides I talked to figured from next weekend (Sept 30 - Oct 1st)should be gangbusters until early November.

GB

What's the technique and gear for Chum . Have tried trolling a few times here in Cowichan Bay but no luck .Any advice would be appreciated .

Well, the second wave has just arrived.
Fished Plumper on the flood today and met up with Maddog and crew.
Boated 5 and lost 4 today with my son.
Some brutes were caught, a boat beside me landed one at 22 pounds.
I had one that somehow snapped a flasher in half. Not that big of a fish but really scrappy.
Lots of fish being caught.
Should be great fishing from now til the middle of November.
Mucker...use the same setup as you would for Sockeye.

got a dozen today... couple real dandies about 18-20 pounds, plus a sockeye and a coho (shocking), everything released. plumper bay.

Back