BROWNS BAY CHUM DERBY, 11th Annual, October 26-27-28

My crew is 50/50 so far will decide next week me thinks.

So frustrating that they moved it so late this year! The commies will
Have had a hay day by then not to mention almost November weather!
First year we will be absent, going to do a weekend trip the
Weekend before. Good luck!

SWC

When will the commies be there? I would like to try this year. Never been.

Just getting back mid week from a 12 day goat hunt in the koots. Gonna be tough to swing this with the wife, but hoping to make it at least 1 day

All though I once again!!! did not get any draws, I decided to put in my step father for Elk, (cow) at Menzies and the lucky ******* got it first time!!!
So my hunting plans have changed so I can fish the derby Yay!!!!
Have a campsite booked Friday Saturday see ya there..

I'm in ..... again....
Hope it is like last year, as it was over the top fishing.
GLG

That isn't too bad, they'll have time to school up again.
The campground and moorage are both booked solid, "apparently"
A couple of buddies of mine had a bugger of a time getting through.
They phoned for a week solid and emailed without anyone getting back to them.
Rafting may be the only way to get moorage at this point if you don't already have it.

A bit of good news.
Test fisheries up north just broke some records.
Not positive about the size but I'm guessing bigger than last year.

Things are slowin down here at home Can't fn wait for the derby!! Lookin foward to havin a beer with a few of u guys at the beer gardens. Great way to finish off a fantastic season! If the fishins good its just a Bonus. I like the news about the test fishery.

Duffer out.

Rafting depends on your boat; wind can blow there. You may also be able to haul out in the evening and launch in the a.m.

Well i got "on it" a week later but its all booked up. Think were getting squeezed into a camping/moorage spot. Sounds like fishings scratchy at best but will be a good time for sure.

Great new Tortuga, glad to here it. Your right Duffer always a good time even if the fishing sucks. This is our 4th Chum Derby and I get the feeling its going to be good fishing. Its going to be hard to do better than we did last year, but were going to give it a go. We are going up early so I will post some reports.

Attachments

• chum trophy.jpg
    chum trophy.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 124
Back