Brentwood bay

Fish Camp

flipped though some old pics .Anyone remember renting wooden boats with briggs motors from brentwood bay for fishing bamberton?good times.

I remember dad taking us out in those rental Clinkerbuilts. Slow, but back then Springs could be caught off the mouth of Todd Inlet, Mckenzie bight. Bamberton Cement plant would be considered a long haul. Orange plastic planers, Roy Smith dodger and a Silver/blue squirt and a million feet of line.

Them's were the days. It doesn't seem to long ago when we could o down to Gilberts and rent a putt putt for the day! one of my fondest memories of days a water were on one of those 4 knot boats!

I sure do, early 1980's . We would rent them and scuba dive Senaus , McCurdy point and Christmas Point. Would be great if you could scan and post some pictures. Still remember diving McCudry point, lead weights every where, brought up as much as I could carry. Not the cannon ball shape we have now but cylindrical, like they were home made and poured in cans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just have one picture of heading south in front of bamberton pic is from port me and a friend sitting on the starboard gunnel with bamberton behind ,edge of cabin in pic, and thats what refreshed my memory. We had a scotty rigger that fit in the rod holder bracket on the boat.remember it was 3$ hour rental ,affordable so we would go often.

I was there too... Rolling down 400 am just to get on either a brentwood or gilbert boat.. Its kind of hard to explain to people that didn't fish back then....

Lol, my grandparents lived 3 houses towards the old cannery, or the dock beside it. You know how many people spent hours on that reef beside it? Lol

I would spend all summer there, give a 10 year old a tin boat and an old 4hp 2g of gas and see everyone at dinner. The best memories

Hey bones remember Dougie had those big butt peetz reels loaded with about 600ft of steel line and those planers that you couldn't even tell if you had a fish on unless it was 15 + . lol
Willis Pt. with buzz bomb mooching with Matt... we rowed all the way out there for about 5 mins of fishing! your right best memories

Lol, peetz reels, steel line and the peetz rods with roller guides and wooden handles. We drowned so many fish with those planer boards. Then you couldn't reel in cuz the setup weight so much, lol. Every year there was some hot tip and we'd be using it. Ah good old Douglas and the Margin, put put.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back