Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/pml/boa/d/maple-ridge-east-fiberform/7116649725.html

My buddy's dad had this exact boat in brown, he bought it brand new and we used to steal it from sewells all the time, I actually learned how to hot wire because of his boat. I'm certain his dad knew what was up, I think all he used it for was to escape from his wife lol. Now one of you handy fellers snap this thing up and snyder it pronto.

Seems like a decent deal but by the time you add power, controls, gauges, steering electronics that will be an investment. It you do the math, decent used main motor 9-15K, controls and guages 500 - 1500, helm 300-800, rear steering ram 300-800, hoses 200, kicker 1500-4000, kicker controls 250-450, cables 200, steering tie bar 100-300, electronics 1000-4000, along with a bunch of other odds and ends not to mention your time. Then add your fishing gear from wiring downriggers then downriggers etc. Never done great setting up a project boat always way more into it than what's it's worth. Theres been some coin put into it where it sits now but with all the rest that it needs doing the rest will milk the bank account. A person might as well look for a turn key rig in the 30K mark and enjoy it now :)

Seems like a decent deal but by the time you add power, controls, gauges, steering electronics that will be an investment. It you do the math, decent used main motor 9-15K, controls and guages 500 - 1500, helm 300-800, rear steering ram 300-800, hoses 200, kicker 1500-4000, kicker controls 250-450, cables 200, steering tie bar 100-300, electronics 1000-4000, along with a bunch of other odds and ends not to mention your time. Then add your fishing gear from wiring downriggers then downriggers etc. Never done great setting up a project boat always way more into it than what's it's worth. Theres been some coin put into it where it sits now but with all the rest that it needs doing the rest will milk the bank account. A person might as well look for a turn key rig in the 30K mark and enjoy it now :)
The voice of reason always sounds like your dad telling you to do chores at 6am when you're hung over, but this is probably true.

With that said, I'm looking for that exact rig (20-22') in the Covid price range (20K ish).

Last edited:
I’m just about done this whole process with my boat! And wishing I’d bought something turn key in retrospect. But I’m all in now....

The voice of reason always sounds like your dad telling you to do chores at 6am when you're hung over, but this is probably true.

LOL yah I am a dad and guess once your a dad it's in your blood to pass along past experiences so your kids or people don't make the same mistakes. I was a classic I can do that in any condition but where the issue came into effect was cash to complete projects. Had many yard ornaments sitting on blocks in my eager for project days. Now I figure if I can't afford to buy it done searching for a good deal of course there's no way I'm going to be able to afford to build it from the bottom up in a reasonable amount of time :) Rec items seem to always end up near the end of the priority list.

A buddy just bought the twin to that Orca. The diesel is very good on fuel. He says the boat burns 4.5 gallons per hour, which is awesome for a boat that size. He’s very happy with it.

Talk to Spring Fever about the boat. He ran an outboard one for years all over the west coast. I like the hulls and layout to fish out of.

Volvo diesel D4 system can be complex. They are a non rebuildable engine if it fails. Short block costs are high. A leg at those hours can require significant $$$ if it hasn't been fully redone. Weak links with the Volvo diesels are their cooling systems as the manifolds don't love salt water. I suggest you have full service records and consult with a Volvo marine mechanic you trust before you purchase.

I love diesels but Volvo high speed ones with legs can be very pricey to fix or replace. One of my friends bagged his twin 43 series on his water taxi and went to twin 300 Yamahas for a reason. Too much maintenace and $$$. And he did all his own mechanical work including leg rebuilds. His boat does 400 hours a year and he ended up with 7 legs in his "stable" to keep 2 running on his boat.

Back