Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I'm not a metal guy at all,so maybe some of the experts on here can clue me in to aluminum welding.I can see in the boat pictures the welds look sloppy,but is it possible to grind them out and redo them properly or is it a one shot deal to get them right?
yes you could reweld a lot of the ugly stuff, it is a lot of work with a carbide blade to fix that boat, my biggest concern would be the alloy of aluminum and filler wire/rod

Wonder what's next for Joel at Island Fisherman Magazine

View attachment 89630
Never a fan of rod holders and ladders to the roof on the gunnels, makes a quick trip to the bow a pain. Interesting it looks like no interior lights and he is using a clamp on flashlight.

if you have seen how the boats are engineered you would not be as concerned
I had an 06’ NW Alum. Looked like a robot did all the welds you could see… under the floor diff storey. Had a couple welds near the bow fail under the floor, that led to more failure once the hull could flex. Ended up splitting along the keel… was lucky to get it back on the trailer, water was over the floorboards.

I had an 06’ NW Alum. Looked like a robot did all the welds you could see… under the floor diff storey. Had a couple welds near the bow fail under the floor, that led to more failure once the hull could flex. Ended up splitting along the keel… was lucky to get it back on the trailer, water was over the floorboards.
We just had a similar experience with a NWJ had some cannon balls in the floor hold up front. Got home from Rupert last fall and I noticed the port side bow was disformed. Had to pull the floor and rework the stiffeners as they got warped and broke several $h!t welds.

Nice combo with bimini top. Trailer boat

00404_1JdU27ehy5C_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

Back