Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Has anyone had a look at this boat? Any feedback?
If they are in Saanich, I could ride my bike by one evening, but get them to do a facetime with you? Not much better boat for the gulf islands, desolation sound cruising, if you don't mind cruising slow they likely get 9mpg at slow 7mph? Mine can do 6mpg at hull speed.

They dropped their price by 5k, so they are motivated. If you got it for 60-65k you could have a great boat, or if they gave you some separate bills of sale to save on the tax. The wallas is a nice feature, used it yesterday morning when my son got up at 5am, but keep in mind its a 13 year old and the service centre for them doesn't have much faith in that generation. Dingy and dual axle trailer is an upgrade as well. Sleeps 3. I think it is a little bare-bones for the price but it is 2009 so a little bit newer which is part of the premium. I would like to see a cockpit canvas, windlass and radar at that price but fewer things to go wrong as well and lighter as is. See if they have dual batteries/isolator setup, when the trailer was last service, impellors/ect....
It is my sons boat. The trailer has new leaf springs,new drum brakes and brake lines. Also the motors have been serviced. New impellers,fuel filters ,spark plugs,zincs,leg and motor oil. We went to Saturna Island on Canada Day with it. Runs great and very economical on fuel.

$59,900
1996 27ft Proline with 2014 4 stroke Twin Suzuki 175’s
Approx 1600 hours
9’10” beam
Rear steering
Good tandem axel trailer
Radar
10” Lowrance GPS
Stand-up head

A19B5E92-C9D3-4571-800F-315A4AA5050A.jpeg16B4FDDC-DF8E-4BAC-BA46-C7C0FD474733.jpegC145F44F-7BC4-4F49-97B9-E32CF1005A0E.jpeg

Osprey 30 foot - $70,000 usd​

Wow do those engines ever look buried under the deck, just makes me cringe to even look at them. Once mime is gone I'm going to need some serous therapy to rid me of my own IO ptsd...

26 degree deadrise on a 20’ boat. You won’t be waterskiing behind that one.

Needs "moar" power, I was on one once years ago (1970's). It was very cool, even then it was viewed as thirsty

I was also on a Bertram 31 about the same time fishing off Bermuda This is a gross story. You have been warned

In 1981 we fished off a 31 Bertram in Bermuda. We ran offshore for about 2 hours to where the sea floor dropped away at the Bowditch Seamount to over 1,000 metres.

We anchored to the charter guy's buoy at his designated reef spot at the seamount. They put and I quote "a Chevy engine block with chain wrapped through it on the coral. The coral grows around the engine and chain and in a few years you are basically bolted to the reef.

My first wife was alive then and when the wind came up the boat was really yanking on the chain. There was a big sportfisherman 40 plus feet with a tower beside us and by midday it was baking hot and all I could see of that boat was the tips of the antenna.

My wife wanted to go back to the dock but there was no way were were going until the seas calmed after 5.

It was a memorable day. My wife to her credit never puked, but it took all my powers to keep her out in the fresh air. We caught a few fish including a mutant Tuna . It was all head and tail shaped like a pendant.

We were really slopping on the suntan oil to stop ourselves from burning.. That seemed to work until later than night my wife woke me up because it was raining in our hotel room. I was a front sleeper and the sheet was off me.

Well...... my whole back was covered in water blister things (I had, as I learned, a Paba Allergy). The rain we were feeling was coming from the water blisters bursting on my back,

Off I go to the Hospital, nice ER Doc, (Queens Med Grad) He sees me in about 4 hours and says , we are seeing a lot of this now . There is this new suntan product called Paba , it does this to some folks. Don't use it anymore. Nice guy, knew some people at Queens I knew .

He apologized for making me wait so long but 3 cruise ship guests had managed to run their scooters off the pier and drop into the space between the side of the ship and the pier. It was not a happy ending for those 3 Musketeers as the ship moved back in to the dock after they dropped

Bermuda was an amazing place to visit btw.

Bertram 20' Bahai Mar - one owner

$19,750 (Bowen island)​

That is one cherry old bert right there. Compared to the other junk on the market for outrageous prices this is a steal.

Back