Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I NEED this!!

Is that a reputable builder? Looks like a very bizarre design at the bow and all the additional flares..
Does anyone know what this is? I have spoke to the guy and he said it was purchased in Campbell river.

Does anyone know what this is? I have spoke to the guy and he said it was purchased in Campbell river.
Looks like some floatation pods welded on after the fact, hull has no chine, looks like they added these on to create some, frankenboat looking that’s for sure, I would not buy it without a sea trial in snotty weather, just my opinion, the boat has been floating for a long time so it should be ok

Looks like some floatation pods welded on after the fact, hull has no chine, looks like they added these on to create some, frankenboat looking that’s for sure, I would not buy it without a sea trial in snotty weather, just my opinion, the boat has been floating for a long time so it should be ok
He said it's a crew boat. May have done that to pass some kind of stability test.

I worked for Forsite Consulting from 2006 to 2011 and this was their crew boat that they used to move Engineering crews around Johnstone Straits. The boat was moored at Browns Bay for years. If I remember correctly, the cabin was added from a previous open boat and that’s why those side pieces were welded on the outside of the hull to compensate for the added weight. It originally had a 4 stroke 250 or 300 Yamaha but it rotted out from lack of maintenance of the zincs. It was replaced with the 2 stroke on it now. I never actually was on this boat on the water to see how it ran with the modifications.

I worked for Forsite Consulting from 2006 to 2011 and this was their crew boat that they used to move Engineering crews around Johnstone Straits. The boat was moored at Browns Bay for years. If I remember correctly, the cabin was added from a previous open boat and that’s why those side pieces were welded on the outside of the hull to compensate for the added weight. It originally had a 4 stroke 250 or 300 Yamaha but it rotted out from lack of maintenance of the zincs. It was replaced with the 2 stroke on it now. I never actually was on this boat on the water to see how it ran with the modifications.
Great info. Sounds like a classic frankenboat. A deal that is too good to be true, likely priced right.

Just like adding a dolphin lmao
Haha, when a sub $100 part fixes what I thought trim tabs would do at $1000 installed you won't shut out about it! It didn't day anything for my new boat but for a Hewescraft 180, it was amazing. Bring On Another Thousand BOAT!

Seriously though, boats with a cabin added on and floatation to "make up for the added weight". Sounds like a maritime disaster waiting to happen but I like to be more tactful considering the seller may be here, and at least he isn't asking 50k for a frankenboat!

kellahan perhaps?
I could be wrong but Kellahan didn’t build the boat, they just added the cabin and other modifications from the original open design of that hull. The owners at Forsite were notoriously cheap and tight with their money and decided to modify an existing hull as opposed to buying a purpose built crew boat from someone like Daigle Boats in Campbell River. Their head office is in Salmon Arm so this was their attempt to break into the coastal forest engineering world back in 2002. They have since left the coast as most of the experienced employees left like myself. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Haha, when a sub $100 part fixes what I thought trim tabs would do at $1000 installed you won't shut out about it! It didn't day anything for my new boat but for a Hewescraft 180, it was amazing. Bring On Another Thousand BOAT!

Seriously though, boats with a cabin added on and floatation to "make up for the added weight". Sounds like a maritime disaster waiting to happen but I like to be more tactful considering the seller may be here, and at least he isn't asking 50k for a frankenboat!
Lol just a dig for fun, if it floats some peoples boat then go for it

If you ever walk a shipyard and see the commercial boats on the hard getting work done, many have those side ears grafted on for one reason or another. I always thought it was for stability more than flotation.

whats the value of this in Canada? I'd go for it if it had a hard top :(
It’s hard to guess the C$ value up here, old 2 stroke, no hardtop, no kicker, it looks like a 1999 or so model year. That 2 stroke would suck fuel and expensive 2 stroke oil, not ideal so need to factor in an eventual repower. But Grady bracket, no bottom paint is a bonus. US Price x 1.5 to get it into Canada.

Back