Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Is there a way to check for this, I just paid a deposit and am going to look at it tomorrow, is there anything else I should look for other then making sure there is no rot in the floor
Do you have a surveyor and mechanic (mobile or otherwise) on a short leash?
Agreed, a mechanic would be best. It’s a difficult issue as removing the plug can lead to damaging the engine holder so the owner might not be ok with it.

Max is 300hp. Where is @Stizzla?
I’ve been on a 23’ deep v with 225 and it ran totally fine. I think a 250 would be acceptable but you’re not winning any races.
Seems like a lot of boat for the price! Very low hr zuki, brand new kicker and a clean hull. I like those boats, even more when the windshield is top forward on the newer version.

th

thats not just a good deal, thats a steal. DAJ
Yup, kicker probably cost 10k to buy and install and the trailer is a 10k trailer used all day long. Puts you at 55k for the hull and a low hour motor with dual steering stations and radar with dual screens (another 10k option although they are a couple years old the overlay is a good feature). He’s throwing in HP downriggers too. Almost scammy the price is so low. Arimas, Orcas, the sky is falling ;)

15 year old motor with no hours. Sound like trouble to me. Bet it's worth 10k with prop and controls. Sell it and put a 300/350 dp on there.
120 hours on an 07 is crazy!! I would be seriously weary of an engine of that age thats been run so little. When i was repowering years back i bought an 08 suzuki 300 with 400 hours. It had barely been used in the previous 5 years. Was nothing but problems, one thing after the next, seals drying out, gaskets going, tilt trim pump seizing, just non stop. Dealer ended up taking it back and i bought new.

I have a Honda 225 on my 250 wellcraft, completely different hull, with the right prop it’s fine, a bit underpowered in big seas, i keep the boat as light as possible, just what I need on board and fish solo or with one other person on board, that orca might be a bit of a slug depending what you do with it.my Honda is an 06 with 350hrs when I bought it in 2016, yes I had to do an good overhaul on it, leaking oil here and there, changes a bunch of gasket,grease it all, removed all surface rust under the cowling,and been doing all maintenance myself since, been running good for over 5 years now. So yes I would be worried about that motor with that low hrs sitting idled for that long. Still seams like a good deal for that boat

Back