Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

What do you guys think a 2016 Hewescraft 210 SeaRunner is worth? Pretty bare bones .. no electronics but has very low hours! A friend is looking to price theirs.

- tandem trailer with EOH brakes
- Yamaha 200hp (100 hrs)
- Yamaha 9.9hp and second helm on the deck
- Windlass

Picture is of a different boat but same idea.
Nice boat. No electronics? Downriggers?

I paid 12% at the border on my Trophy in 2016
12% it is. Make sure you get separate bill of sales for the motors, haul and your used trailer. It’s a notch lower tax for the used trailer but then you have to pay for the inspection and registration. They happily take your credit card at the border and then you’re good to go. With Covid and the border closures, it’s the same deal PLUS the broker/movers fees.

What do you guys think a 2016 Hewescraft 210 SeaRunner is worth? Pretty bare bones .. no electronics but has very low hours! A friend is looking to price theirs.

- tandem trailer with EOH brakes
- Yamaha 200hp (100 hrs)
- Yamaha 9.9hp and second helm on the deck
- Windlass

Picture is of a different boat but same idea.
I’d say high 80’s or low/mid 90’s? Does it have suspension seats and convertible bench seats? I’d say price it at 98,763 then you can always go down. A Newer one sold for 105k https://www.sportfishingbc.com/foru...-price-for-our-hewescraft.88421/#post-1075028

Can you guys educate me on how the current tax system works when purchasing used boats both privately or from a dealership?

All of my recent boats have been purchased from the states.. but back in the day I thought that you only paid tax on the declared value of the trailer. The seller would only be giving you a tax transfer form for the trailer and its value.

Tax was only paid on the "boat" if it was being licensed for commercial use (or something along those lines).

Thanks!

Can you guys educate me on how the current tax system works when purchasing used boats both privately or from a dealership?

All of my recent boats have been purchased from the states.. but back in the day I thought that you only paid tax on the declared value of the trailer. The seller would only be giving you a tax transfer form for the trailer and its value.

Tax was only paid on the "boat" if it was being licensed for commercial use (or something along those lines).

Thanks!
12% even on private sales. Hence my boat browsing and never buying. If I upgrade I take another 12% hit unless I buy from a dealership and they do a trade in which wasn’t a viable option last time I traded up. https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/taxes/sales-taxes/publications/pst-108-boats.pdf

Found these beauties from the East Coast while surfing the interwebs.....

I'm all about a Northcoast 255HT as my next rig if I move on from the hourston, biggest plus they have a flat deck cabin bulkhead to transom.

I've been looking at parkers, judge and Northcoast as pilot house style boats in the 26 to 28' and the Northcoast ticks the boxes for sure. See how it goes.

Back