Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Oof that bow railing config is as high as the cabin roof. Meh must be a coast guard thing. 99k? Hard to see it. I'm gonna drop by for a look this weekend and leave my cheque book at home on purpose.

Honestly that boat is worth 100k all day imo. That engine package is worth what. ? @noluck 70-100 k? And it's got the electronic controls which adds big coin. But obviously it's not new model stuff, it's just new old stock

The layup in that boat will be at least twice as thick. The last hull I bought from coast guard is my little 17foot whaler. It's a stud. It wasn't black dot it was built for Canadian coast guard. The thing is a tank. My contact at coast guard i deal with told me that they have a standard on the structural in their boats they get made.

Not only that, has anyone seen a self bailing 23ft hourston before?

Looks like they relocated that racor assembly, so they must have just installed a brand new one. The old one was outside behind the wheelhouse in the original pictures

Last edited:
Not only that, has anyone seen a self bailing 23ft hourston before?

Interesting you brought up the self bailing aspect. Before I saw that, I was thinking if this thing sat outside for 12 or 13 years in the rain and the snow without the batteries turned on, and the bilge full of water, there could be a lot of structural concerns. But that self bailing was a big surprise to me.

Interesting you brought up the self bailing aspect. Before I saw that, I was thinking if this thing sat outside for 12 or 13 years in the rain and the snow without the batteries turned on, and the bilge full of water, there could be a lot of structural concerns. But that self bailing was a big surprise to me.

I'll bet the boat cleaned up real nice. There was still packaging on the seats lol. I've dealt with the frenchies at the Mont-Joli coast guard station, I would say at least a dozen times. They are very wierd about things to say the least. Don't really know how to describe them without offending someone so ill leave it at that haha. However they take care of their stuff for the most part. They are very very finicky

As for the orange gelcoat, whatever.. paint it with endura. Wrap it. Who cares. I'll bet money that boat is a virgin and even if a guy was to find a 23 hardtop and try and build a boat as solid as that one you would be 100k invested if you did all the work yourself.

I'd also bet that thing has encapsulated bulkheads

One more thing on the self bailing part those are down spout drains in the deck with what looks like 2.5 or 3inch scuppers? That tells you the deck height is above the waterline by quite a bit. If you look at the side windows it almost looks higher than any other I've seen, so my question is, how much freeboard is there? Almost seems the bowworks are higher than a standard 23

Last edited:
Oof that bow railing config is as high as the cabin roof. Meh must be a coast guard thing. 99k? Hard to see it. I'm gonna drop by for a look this weekend and leave my cheque book at home on purpose.
Yep, those are some funny-looking rails, looks nice though for walking all the way around the bow.

I’ve caught lots of halibut off the bow rod, nice to have the high rails as you still have sight lines. Only draw back is seating for 2 and what’s the head room in it?
I'd really like to know what the height of that cabin is also.

Interesting there's no bow roller / anchor pack. It's like the cg orderd this with march madness cash then forgot about it. My 26 has the same self bailing deck configuration. Those stainless grid supports are weak too, one snapped on my buddy's hourston. All easily dealt with, this thing is like a classic time machine.

What do you guys think of this one? How's the price point? Thinking of going to take a look this weekend, any suggestions of what to look out for?

Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/518145413404923/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp:17785741-4589-4308-86c5-60aeff9d67c1
Ask if it was the Pro model based on the year, and if so why are the decals removed? Was there damage and repairs? Certainly looks clean, there is also a 2000 Striper 23 for sale but it has the 5.0, not the 5.7 like this one does. Trailer was serviced, all new tires, swing away tongue is nice to have as the boat is already fairly long. Do the usual, survey, mechanical, sea trial etc if you can.

Ask if it was the Pro model based on the year, and if so why are the decals removed? Was there damage and repairs? Certainly looks clean, there is also a 2000 Striper 23 for sale but it has the 5.0, not the 5.7 like this one does. Trailer was serviced, all new tires, swing away tongue is nice to have as the boat is already fairly long. Do the usual, survey, mechanical, sea trial etc if you can.
Thanks Doug, If all that checks out, does the price range seem fair to you?

Back