Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

1980 Bertram 38' sportfish convertible iii $139,900​

Twin diesel Cat 3208T engines with 756 hours each Owner for 6 years have done lots of work, this is a good boat $50,000 aftermarket trolling system.

Pretty amazing setup, my buddy just sent me pics of his 40 foot Riveria with dual cats, paid 250kusd. You’d pretty much have to have the Tesla internet and live in Mexico in winter with it.

Pretty amazing setup, my buddy just sent me pics of his 40 foot Riveria with dual cats, paid 250kusd. You’d pretty much have to have the Tesla internet and live in Mexico in winter with it.
How would a big Bertram handle a ran down to Cabo? I can't imagine the fuel burn...maybe run at displacement speeds if the hull cooperates.

Last edited:
The detail is incredible on this one!
What’s the advantage to a splash well vs solid transom with pod? Seems like a lot less dance floor with this setup.
Purely cost, the splashwell is part of the upper deck straight out of the mold. Aluminum fabricators need not apply.
Those molds have been around since waay before pods were cool

The detail is incredible on this one!
For sure, I really like how they left off the roof support struts at the back and gave more room to fight a fish.

The forward sloping front windows make such a huge change to the look and the room inside, but the stock roof coverage is much less because of it.

How wide is the 20' Hourston?

Last edited:
Do you need brakes on all axles in BC? Just seems HD for a 25 footer.
BC Towing Fact Sheet

"
• All trailers and towing dollies (car dollies) must have
brakes on all wheels when their GVW (trailer/dolly and
load) exceeds 1,400 kilograms (3,086 pounds). Every
trailer with brakes must have a breakaway device
hooked to the trailer brake system."

Would seem yes brakes on all wheels is required. Putting brakes on half the wheels only gives about half the braking power.

Agreed. Some sliders on those side windows would be nice. And a tint would make the boat look amazing and cut down on glare

Seller says: “the windows won’t open. They are clear tempered and get a 1” black fritting treatment to the edges to hide the black 295 UV sika glass bonding adhesive”.

How would a big Bertram handle a ran down to Cabo? I can't imagine the fuel burn...maybe run at displacement speeds if the hull cooperates.
I was figuring go dam slow, still cost you thousands but take a couple of buddies. Head down when the weather is still good. Switch them out in LAX/ channel islands. Agreed, cheaper to ship but funner to cruise down. There is a C-Dory that trailers down, launches a little further north on the inside sea of cortez, which is what I'd be doing.

Back