Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I managed to out outfish a BW just a little smaller than this on Mothers day. Not much makes me happier than a guy spending 5X as much as me and catching less than 1/2 the fish. Mad respect when they do it to me, I was outfished by a 14 foot open Silver Streak a couple of years ago. Both in Sidney.
The Boston Whaler 285 (flash) you saw was my buddy. He won the Port Sidney derby this year. He also retired at 48 ......he wins.

I'm a unclear how much value there is using a pic of your boat under tow in a for sale advertisement? Or nearly taking water over the side? Hmmm
Mine is dry as a bone and will list like that. Deep and narrow. 250 zuke on the back doesn’t help. Still one the most capable 20’ glass boats out there imo. I’ve tried to stuff the bow no go, in a big following sea I’ve gotten her squirrelly but any normal person would have a tough time rolling one on it’s side.

1974 Hourston Glascraft 24
$25,000

427 engine, looks like original Mercruiser issue.

F2A06C7A-39B7-4AEC-B9FF-2A1C9EBC024F.jpeg

How much over asking will this one sell for?
1974 Hourston Glascraft 24
$25,000

427 engine, looks like original Mercruiser issue.

View attachment 81624
Ouch. Great potential if a person was looking for a big project (which I'm not). That's a $5K-$8K boat IMHO.

Mine is dry as a bone and will list like that. Deep and narrow. 250 zuke on the back doesn’t help. Still one the most capable 20’ glass boats out there imo. I’ve tried to stuff the bow no go, in a big following sea I’ve gotten her squirrelly but any normal person would have a tough time rolling one on it’s side.

I've had a few momens in a big following sea that mine felt like it was going to bow steer right over but it just pops back through. I do find that mine is very buoyant, even with the heavy IO. I think the hulls across the 20, 23 and 26 share a lot of common features. Nice hulls.

How to sell your boat on facebook, not a great sport fishing boat but considering the difficulty the 30-foot seasport owner is having, these pictures are the type he should have up.
2011 American Tug 365
$540,000

You think they're asking too much for that Seasport? I noticed you chatting them up on there.

You think they're asking too much for that Seasport? I noticed you chatting them up on there.
He has dropped it 30k and is offering a 5k referral fee all in USD. He should have it with a broker. He doesn't have great pictures and if you are going to sell a boat in Ukee great pictures and a video and listing everywhere would be essential? I don't think it's on Facebook Marketplace, Vancouver Craigslist and Yachtworld. I see it's on Craigslist Nanaimo couldn't find it again because I didn't search "Sea Sport" I used one-word "seasport". Brokers will keyword stuff Grady White, Boston Whaler, Seasport, Sea Sport at the bottom of their ads.

I think it will sell but he is now getting into "Commander 30 Podded territory". Sick boat but also unique and a poor location to try and sell on your own. I would drive it down to Sidney to sell it. Buyers can fly in from Van and Seattle, Calgary, PG. If you are going to arrange a survey and haul out in Ukee I can't imagine it will be easy?

Not much in the 250-350k USD range BW, Cutwater and Grady White are kind of the three competitors and if you look at Seattle, Vancouver there are much newer boats a little smaller but almost brand new.

The cat is a unique sale, I love the idea but have never been out on one in the rough stuff. The problem is likely the same for over 1/2 of the potential buyers out there not having owned Cats, not to mention the price of $ and the stock market, but if someone has that kind of money kicking around those things shouldn't matter.

I've had a few momens in a big following sea that mine felt like it was going to bow steer right over but it just pops back through. I do find that mine is very buoyant, even with the heavy IO. I think the hulls across the 20, 23 and 26 share a lot of common features. Nice hulls.
The 20 Ft. Hourston 's are very well known to be butt heavy with the I/O,that makes them good candidates for a floatation pod and outboard.That said,they are still a deepV and narrow at the back,so still tippy when everybody go's to one side.

Last edited:
He has dropped it 30k and is offering a 5k referral fee all in USD. He should have it with a broker. He doesn't have great pictures and if you are going to sell a boat in Ukee great pictures and a video and listing everywhere would be essential? I don't think it's on Facebook Marketplace, Vancouver Craigslist and Yachtworld. I see it's on Craigslist Nanaimo couldn't find it again because I didn't search "Sea Sport" I used one-word "seasport". Brokers will keyword stuff Grady White, Boston Whaler, Seasport, Sea Sport at the bottom of their ads.

I think it will sell but he is now getting into "Commander 30 Podded territory". Sick boat but also unique and a poor location to try and sell on your own. I would drive it down to Sidney to sell it. Buyers can fly in from Van and Seattle, Calgary, PG. If you are going to arrange a survey and haul out in Ukee I can't imagine it will be easy?

Not much in the 250-350k USD range BW, Cutwater and Grady White are kind of the three competitors and if you look at Seattle, Vancouver there are much newer boats a little smaller but almost brand new.

The cat is a unique sale, I love the idea but have never been out on one in the rough stuff. The problem is likely the same for over 1/2 of the potential buyers out there not having owned Cats, not to mention the price of $ and the stock market, but if someone has that kind of money kicking around those things shouldn't matter.
I can't believe you used Cutwater and Boston Whaler in the same sentence.

Back