Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

View attachment 81381

Real men like Black Max don't just like the smell, they put two stroke oil in their coffee after they put on a Canadian tuxedo. :)
All my best memories of fishing as a kid have two stroke smells.

That is awesome. When did the Black Max come about? That "Mercury" font looks like it was the one around 75 or so...I thought the Black Max didn't arrive until later? I remember when my Dad was ordering the SunRunner, we wanted him to get the outboard version with the 200HP Black Max so bad, we harassed him for days but he still went with the MerCruiser 260 which was the right choice in terms of HP for that 22' hull.

Real men like Black Max don't just like the smell, they put two stroke oil in their coffee after they put on a Canadian tuxedo. :)
All my best memories of fishing as a kid have two stroke smells.
Yeah love my dad's 1980s Merc and we caught a ton of fish on it. Nothing wrong with a good two-stroke at the right price and if you and your passengers can stomach the smell and the noise. I love going fishing but if your wife is a take-it-or leave-it kind of boater, you will have lots of free time and limit out earlier!

And the tower of power from the inline versions, massive engines back then … thank god fuel was cheap back then.

You bet, how many water ski boats had the tower of power on them! We would slalom, trick and barefoot ski with them, the smell and sound is a memory jog. Excellent work horses, Mercury had a winner here with that inline 6, and always impressive to look under the cowl and see 6 carbs.

Yeah love my dad's 1980s Merc and we caught a ton of fish on it. Nothing wrong with a good two-stroke at the right price and if you and your passengers can stomach the smell and the noise. I love going fishing but if your wife is a take-it-or leave-it kind of boater, you will have lots of free time and limit out earlier!

Today, why not have a 4 stroke kicker if there is a 2 stroke main? My brother has this combo, loves it. 2 strokes get such a bad rap here, they were the only choice for so long, I don't recall them blowing up with any regularity. The power to weight ratio on a 2 stroke is significantly better than a 4 stroke. Didn't a few boat manufacturers give 2 different max hp ratings on the transom tag, one of 2 stroke and one for 4 stroke due to weight?

The marina start up point, are diesels any different? However, I do recall a gas dock in Chemainus that sold pre-mix at 24:1 ratio, and my Dad said he remembered 16:1. (yikes)

You bet, how many water ski boats had the tower of power on them! We would slalom, trick and barefoot ski with them, the smell and sound is a memory jog. Excellent work horses, Mercury had a winner here with that inline 6, and always impressive to look under the cowl and see 6 carbs.

Today, why not have a 4 stroke kicker if there is a 2 stroke main? My brother has this combo, loves it. 2 strokes get such a bad rap here, they were the only choice for so long, I don't recall them blowing up with any regularity. The power to weight ratio on a 2 stroke is significantly better than a 4 stroke. Didn't a few boat manufacturers give 2 different max hp ratings on the transom tag, one of 2 stroke and one for 4 stroke due to weight?

The marina start up point, are diesels any different? However, I do recall a gas dock in Chemainus that sold pre-mix at 24:1 ratio, and my Dad said he remembered 16:1. (yikes)
Agreed, I bet any 22-24-year-old engine is a 50-50% chance of blowing up. If adding a 4-stroke kicker was cheap I'd agree but at 4k for a used yami 9.9 it gets expensive quickly. Buddy bought a new 15hp Merc 4 stroke for his two-stroke war machine and for a haul-out, custom bracket, steering bar and controls it was expensive like 15k CAD maybe less but it was still something ridiculous!

The original post was for a +100k USD boat new for 20k USD I think. Nothing wrong with that, just having money for repairs/repower is essential.

2014 Kingfisher 1925 discovery
$42,500

2014 Kingfisher 1925 Discovery with a 150hp Suzuki with less than 150hrs. New side and rear canvas installed 2 years ago. New Suzuki 9.9hp kicker added and installed by Sherwood Marine last year when it was serviced.

D1DFB9EE-68BA-42AA-8AF3-CD823A179942.jpeg72957B80-6068-4BB5-90CC-52B6501B6D9A.jpegDBAD0DDF-C4F6-40E7-B08F-D2D6989666D6.jpeg

Last edited:
2014 Kingfisher 1925 Discovery with a 150hp Suzuki with less than 150hrs. New side and rear canvas installed 2 years ago. New Suzuki 9.9hp kicker added and installed by Sherwood Marine last year when it was serviced.

One of the best deals I've seen in a long time. Should go quick, recession coming or not :)

I'm selling my 2013 SeaSwirl Strip 2601WA. Incredibly clean, Mint Condition, Always Professionally Maintained and Serviced.
Absolutely mint condition 26' Seaswirl Striper. Fully loaded. Super Clean! Alaska Package. Full Hardtop. Always professionally maintained. Fully flushed after each use. Dual fish boxes with macerators. Head with macerator. Sink and cooking stove. Cuddy in mint condition. All Curtains are in mint condition with no rips or holes. Upgraded captain seats. Power Windlass. Movable spot light. COMPLETELY LOADED!!!! 12" Simrad Electronics with Sonar, GPS, Radar, Auto Pilot. MMSI VHF radio with GPS integration. Fully automatic notification of the Coast Guard with GPS location Distress button. do Powered by twin 150 Yamaha's. Low hours (roughly 630 each motor). Always professionally maintained. Fully deck out for fishing with dual high speed Scotty Downriggers. Trailer is in great shaped. Essentially on used only to store the boat. Very low miles. Always sprayed after being in the water. All ready to go for your next fishing trip. Located in Tahsis. Two very similar just sold at a Vancouver Dealership for $125,000 K+. I’m offering this great boat at just $119,000.00. Call Murry 403-804-6738 for more information and viewing.

Attachments

• happy.png
    happy.png
    268.5 KB · Views: 160
  • Picture19.jpg
    Picture19.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Picture29.jpg
    Picture29.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 143
  • Picture111.jpg
    Picture111.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Picture101.jpg
    Picture101.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 137
  • Picture51.jpg
    Picture51.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 93
  • Picture61.jpg
    Picture61.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 97
  • Picture181.jpg
    Picture181.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 93
  • Picture23.jpg
    Picture23.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Picture91.jpg
    Picture91.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
I'm selling my 2013 SeaSwirl Strip 2601WA. Incredibly clean, Mint Condition, Always Professionally Maintained and Serviced.
Absolutely mint condition 26' Seaswirl Striper. Fully loaded. Super Clean! Alaska Package. Full Hardtop. Always professionally maintained. Fully flushed after each use. Dual fish boxes with macerators. Head with macerator. Sink and cooking stove. Cuddy in mint condition. All Curtains are in mint condition with no rips or holes. Upgraded captain seats. Power Windlass. Movable spot light. COMPLETELY LOADED!!!! 12" Simrad Electronics with Sonar, GPS, Radar, Auto Pilot. MMSI VHF radio with GPS integration. Fully automatic notification of the Coast Guard with GPS location Distress button. do Powered by twin 150 Yamaha's. Low hours (roughly 630 each motor). Always professionally maintained. Fully deck out for fishing with dual high speed Scotty Downriggers. Trailer is in great shaped. Essentially on used only to store the boat. Very low miles. Always sprayed after being in the water. All ready to go for your next fishing trip. Located in Tahsis. Two very similar just sold at a Vancouver Dealership for $125,000 K+. I’m offering this great boat at just $119,000.00. Call Murry 403-804-6738 for more information and viewing.
Sick boat, should sell quick. With all the bells and whistles that would cost tens of thousands to buy afterward. Hope a forum member gets it, nice tuna boat!

My 1984 Mercury 115 hp had 3 carbs; did larger hp versions have 6?
I had this motor on a 17’ Stratacraft (K&C clone) and it was all about fuel. When it sat for two weeks everything had to be primed back to pressure again to start and run properly but once it was going it would start first crank every time if used daily. You also had to sync those three carbs from top to bottom.
I ran this combo from 2003 to 2012 and it was still going strong when I sold it.

Sick boat, should sell quick. With all the bells and whistles that would cost tens of thousands to buy afterward. Hope a forum member gets it, nice tuna boat!
Thanks

Its a great boat, I just bought a larger Boston Whaler. Otherwise I wouldn't be selling it.

Clean looking girl.

View attachment 81519
I already sent him a message, I'm almost hoping it's sold so I don't have to explain to the wife why we have to have 2 boats till I sell the Trophy

Back