Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Old listing no charge for my services just a morning of slaying and a chance to ride in a hourston the way it was designed https://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/23-FT-HOURSTON-SEDAN-ON-NEW-TRAILER_31777055
What do you guys think this is worth?
I saw a few sold in 2020 listed with new motors (inboards as well) .. slightly older hulls and all in the mid 20s range.

I contacted the seller.. he’s in the middle of building a new house but seems to have zero interest in providing any information (I know it has original leg and a new carb’d chev 350 block).

I have a 17 Arima with a new Suzuki 90 but I’m yearning for a little more coverage and a place to sleep! Would be hard to say goodbye to 5MPG though.

Looks like he is open to an offer. He says he wants a smaller boat, would you do a trade and cash? The ad does say expired a few years ago though.

I saw a few sold in 2020 listed with new motors (inboards as well) .. slightly older hulls and all in the mid 20s range.

I contacted the seller.. he’s in the middle of building a new house but seems to have zero interest in providing any information (I know it has original leg and a new carb’d chev 350 block).

I have a 17 Arima with a new Suzuki 90 but I’m yearning for a little more coverage and a place to sleep! Would be hard to say goodbye to 5MPG though.
I'd bet lots of that "new" stuff was new in 2010-15. Boats don't like sitting. Sounds like it's Sat lots recently. Expect to put some money into it.
Nevertheless, a great hull. A podded 23 with a 250 can get in the 3-3.5 range. Don't know what that combo would get.

I'd bet lots of that "new" stuff was new in 2010-15. Boats don't like sitting. Sounds like it's Sat lots recently. Expect to put some money into it.
Nevertheless, a great hull. A podded 23 with a 250 can get in the 3-3.5 range. Don't know what that combo would get.
I believe original ad owner Paul did all the work a year before he sold it. Pretty sure he Commented on a thread where I was suggesting the deeper side of the ramp at Esquimalt anglers at low tide. If you look through all of my comments you would eventually find him

I believe original ad owner Paul did all the work a year before he sold it. Pretty sure he Commented on a thread where I was suggesting the deeper side of the ramp at Esquimalt anglers at low tide. If you look through all of my comments you would eventually find him
My apologies. I thought someone said it was still available.

All depends on how much work she needs, but likely close to 35 unless she's rotten of which there may be a good chance. Look like a real loaded boat with the rear steering station, head, galley, kicker. If something hasn't sold I always need to stop and ask myself why? If I were you I'd wait for a bigger Arima with outboards.

Yes, 5mpg will likely drop to 3mpg? You are moving up to whole different class of expenses, gas will be the least of your worries. If you are spending a couple grand in gas you are having a great year of fishing and nothing is breaking, or nothing more than a boat nickel or two to fix (1k).

Can’t take it with you

https://skagit.craigslist.org/boa/d/anacortes-2000-pursuit-3400-offshore/7436803613.html True love is 300 gallons of diesel and ready to go offshore, Haida Gwaii, Alaska. Something to be said for a nice clean engine bay, nice wiring, etc but kinda like big b...bs lovely to look at but too rich for my blood.

$139,000 USD​

$200K CAD for a 22 year old boat tilting to port. I love Pursuits and Grady's....... and watch the US market daily. But this is too much for too little. If I ever sell, I'll be asking $100K now for my 228G after seeing this.

$200K CAD for a 22 year old boat tilting to port. I love Pursuits and Grady's....... and watch the US market daily. But this is too much for too little. If I ever sell, I'll be asking $100K now for my 228G after seeing this.
Go for it, Gallion Marine is asking 135k CAD for a 2006 BW Conquest 255 with original low hour engines on what looks like an undersize trailer. Pay 15k for a trailer, add radar and a few things like outriggers you will be getting pretty close in price. I would guess a new pursuit 34 with diesels would be 500k? New Boat show prices helps everyone swallow their views on pricing as do tire kickers from Craigslist when we are selling.

That’s exactly what I’m after next . Little out of budget though.
There is a 33 gas tiara in Sidney for about 80-90k

Loaded: 2001 bayliner 2509 trophy pilot house - $49,950 (Lynnwood)

For anyone thinking of looking at a boat in the US be prepared to pay $1.28 Cdn. for $1.00 U.S which is the rate the bank is charging these day's. And if you don't buy the boat for any reason and you convert the U.S that you took down to buy the boat back to Cdn. the bank only gives you $1.24 back.So you lose .04 on every dollar. Please don't ask how I know,it still hurts.That's $2000 on $50000.

Last edited:
For anyone thinking of looking at a boat in the US be prepared to pay $1.28 Cdn. for $1.00 U.S which is the rate the bank is charging these day's. And if you don't buy the boat for any reason and you convert the U.S that you took down to buy the boat back to Cdn. the bank only gives you $1.24 back.So you lose 4% on every dollar. Please don't ask how I know,it still hurts.

Bank FX rates are ridiculous and you can get a much better rate using a 3rd party currency broker. I've used TorFX in the past when I lived in the UK and had to send GBP back. Vancouver Bullion Exchange is an example of a local firm I've used for work.

You can get an even better rate using a trade called Norbert's Gambit if you have an online trading account (google it for more info). I used it this week to convert USD to CAD as my wife gets some of her compensation in USD. Fairly straightforward and you end up getting the spot rate less your trading costs (i.e. $9.99 x 2 for the buy / sell commissions). I ended getting 1.260 on Wednesday - the spot rate that date was between 1.256 and 1.262. Happy to answer any questions.

Last edited:
Back