Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Im still confused by the 14 knot cruise...although

This thing is heavy at over 16000lbs!
With susuki 350s they report cruising at 30mph, top speed 41
With volvo D4s they cruise at 31, top speed 36

Pursuits 345 weighs 16000 with twin 350s and cruises at 28 mph, tops out at 46.
Another comparison is the 3400 express from pursuit, higher horsepower but similar wieght, cruises at 30, will do almost 40 with light load.

Maybe the yanmar setup is underpowered? Or something went wrong during the submersion and hasnt been corrected.
I think his numbers are out to lunch. Specs for twin D4”s are 36 mph max (off sea sports webpage https://seasportboats.com/boat/pacific-3200/) and i believe those yanmars are higher hp than a d4. either that or propped completely incorrect. 6bt is a Cummins engine so would be interesting to find out exactly which yanmars they are……

I think his numbers are out to lunch. Specs for twin D4”s are 36 mph max (off sea sports webpage https://seasportboats.com/boat/pacific-3200/) and i believe those yanmars are higher hp than a d4. either that or propped completely incorrect. 6bt is a Cummins engine so would be interesting to find out exactly which yanmars they are……
Exactly and what is his definition of cruise? I'm sure @Rain City will give us a full report with the Vancouver to Bamfield Sea trial!

Mine are 200HP and push my boat 28MPH cruise at 3200 rpm. 15000lbs. I have no idea what shafts do to getting the power to the water.
I would have guessed shafts would be more efficient, especially with big props. But they apparently aren't, lack of trim probably doesnt help, apparently more drag with shafts?

The Cat hull should be more efficient.

He finally got back to me and said he was away for the weekend but I could go look next week. I cruise past that thing every day, it's shiny.
You’ll be frustrated as hell with that speed. When everybody is flying by you at 30 knots at 0500 on your way out to the fishing grounds you’ll arrive 20 minutes later just after the bites over. Secondly, cats aren’t for everyone. Limited market for resale. Ya I know guys here are lovers of them but trust me it’s a limited market. Lastly, while I love fly bridges, that ones a bit of an Albatross. That Mako was the boat to buy. Just one mans view.

I like those seaports but getting into something that has been under water for 125k is a tough sell in my eyes. It was underwater and hasn’t been used much since. I bet there will be some issues to be worked out for whoever starts putting hours on it.

Whoops , that was accidental , but thinking the same.... Plus, Im sure that boat will take way more weather than most people would care to be out in. I'd take straight shafts diesels over anything , but thats me....

1993 22 Foot Seasport, Honda 225, yami 9.9, 12 inch Lowrance Hds. C$65,000

Almost tempting….
He is looking for a Campion 622...

OK...this looks sweet! SeaSport Pacific 3200 with twin Yanmar diesels driving shafts...laying in Vancouver for $124,000
View attachment 67272

Sea Sport Pacific 3200 Cat. Twin 2015 Yanmar 6BT shaft driven engines. This seasport is in great condition with a full mechanical and electrical upgrades. Over $50,000 spent on electrical and electronic upgrades including dual Simrad 19" displays in main helm, Simrad on upper helm. 3 steering stations with brand new Glendenning electronic controls. BlueSea switch controls, fuse holders etc. New shafts and props. Dual helm air ride captain chairs. LED lighting throughout. She is a great fishing and cruising platform.

She is located in Vancouver BC
That looks like a killer deal

34 Welcraft Coast with Yami 350's with new flywheels and not great sight lines...sorry if I'm paying 200k I want to have improved visability EMC https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bod/d/tacoma-2009-wellcraft-34-coastal/7337859323.html

2009 Wellcraft 34 Coastal * FISHING AND CRUISING IN LUXURY! * - $169,000 (Tacoma)​

I have a buddy that has one of these with twin Cat’s and there is zero issue seeing out of it. His 15 year old runs it all the time(under supervision) and doesn’t have a problem with it either

Back