Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

The smallest of the Trophy line with 2 stroke power for $32K plus. Yikes. With a TON of goodies on it and the largest engine they allow. That’s a nice engine. I think it’s fairly priced.
I thought those engines had a questionable history, but had no real basis for thinking that. Have you ran one or known a couple that went for 15 plus years? I always figure an older two stroke is worth a couple grand and an off warranty 4 stroke is worth half of new. That is a full load but not sure if the Trophy's of that year are a quality build? I sent it on to my friend but with a warning about the engine.

I would think that Hourston's Honda on that Trophy would have been a good match making it worth 32k. I'm definitely not a fan of what looks like a Bimini top off amazon on that Hourston, a custom stand up top with full sides and a drop curtain is work a ton of value in my mind.

I have that engine in an ‘04 on my trophy 2002. Although I only have 450 hours on it and have owned it since new, it has been rock solid. Nice torque with that 2 stroke. It is not good to troll with as it does stink. But while running, no issues.

I have been very impressed with my trophy. It handles bigger water very well for its size. The tower makes a huge difference. I’ve made a shelf that goes over the transom cut out which also makes it much more fishable. It has been a great family boat. Fishing, tubing, even sleeping in it for two.

Having trouble linking a Facebook marketplace ad. But there is a decent looking 08 17' DE with 115 etec , custom aluminum rack and riggers . 9500. Strathcona area. Also , another 99 DE hardtop with a volvo diesel / duoprop for 8500. Strathcona area . Facebook Marketplace.
That ain't a 2008 boat. False advertising.....

I thought those engines had a questionable history, but had no real basis for thinking that. Have you ran one or known a couple that went for 15 plus years? I always figure an older two stroke is worth a couple grand and an off warranty 4 stroke is worth half of new. That is a full load but not sure if the Trophy's of that year are a quality build? I sent it on to my friend but with a warning about the engine.

Trophy became its own brand in 1999. They had a new engineer come from a top boat manufacturing company (can’t remember which company) and they completely redesigned the hull. No wood stringers and using Green XL material for the transom. Any model in the new hull design, or post ‘99 is a good quality boat.
I did lots of research before I bought mine.

Yeah, I didn't share that for a reason. Almost scamy such a full load and low price ;)
Fair price i would say, my friend has a 2007 he bough brand new, 250 yami, all electonic, trailer, all in for under 100k in 2007, nice boat but not the best built boat by a long shot

Thanks! Just the build quality and a do everything ok? Or specific criticism? Be great to know what to look for.
Well lets just say fiberglass work dose not look even, sittihg in the cuddy on a suuny day you can almost see true the hull where the cap sits on the hull itself, stress cracks all over, his is factory podded with a full with swim grid, where the inboard was suppose to be the stringer beams that tie in to the transom the glass is very slim and have split at the top of both of them, all the inside parts that are tab in to the hull are all chop gun tab in, and separating everywhere, major rattles that drive me nuts, lots of fasteners and screws are showing lots of yellow rust stains, cabin frame where the window are sitting in have cracked multiple times, he add them welded 3-4 times. That what i can get out there of the top of my head. Please note the boat has seen lots of hrs, 5-6 hrs trips season after season from china creek to big bank, it has taken a good pounding, today my friend looks back and wish he would of bought something else, just saying. Handles big water fairly good and enjoyed fishing out of it a lot, but would not buy one myself

Trophy became its own brand in 1999. They had a new engineer come from a top boat manufacturing company (can’t remember which company) and they completely redesigned the hull. No wood stringers and using Green XL material for the transom. Any model in the new hull design, or post ‘99 is a good quality boat.
I did lots of research before I bought mine.

Brunswick corporation. They make many popular brands including whaler, sea ray etc. They also own Mercury. Big operation

I like their motivation, after my Hewescraft didn't sell I dropped the price. In this market people are looking. Bumped it back over to my friends on the North Shore. Not a forever boat but with the input from members....
I talked to an owner of the same model boat at Burrard Bridge Civic Marina awhile ago, they claim it is truly a 2 adult boat due to the smaller size. If your friends are first timers, this would probably be a stepping stone. What is your finders fee? ;-)

Back