Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

@Aquaholic my goal is to get another boating family to do the inside passage/trip to Alaska with, but yes a stepping stone boat. No finders fee. Tough to find a good 4 person boat, but don't want to try to talk them into a 24/25 footer for their first boat.

Serious trailer with an impressive looking boat, but at that price a survey may be needed.
https://victoria.craigslist.org/boa/d/port-alberni-searay/7149173499.html

Carbon copy of my old boat, with and without some options I had, but priced 10k higher than I asked for mine for a few years ago. Low hours.
https://victoria.craigslist.org/boa/d/sidney-hewescraft-searunner-180/7157712000.html

man thats a steal and a beauty if it isnt gone yet

Spoke with the owner - really nice guy. He said the floors are soft and the motor is too big. Thoughts on this?

He said he priced it just for the motor and that he wouldn't recommend someone keep it on due to porpoising and rolling.

Spoke with the owner - really nice guy. He said the floors are soft and the motor is too big. Thoughts on this?

He said he priced it just for the motor and that he wouldn't recommend someone keep it on due to porpoising and rolling.

yah the 150 would make that thing go squirrly im sure! a 90hp would be perfect on that!

I get a shot at it tomorrow. I almost want to buy it and wait for an nice hull but underpowered 18-19 footer and swap motors

$49,999 · 2008 Proline Pilot 23xp

https://www.usedvictoria.com/classi...ot-23xp---interior-pics-to-come_36084804.lite

93831329_614.jpg

yah the 150 would make that thing go squirrly im sure! a 90hp would be perfect on that!

this is an interesting topic. Perhaps worthy of it’s own thread but my 17.2 Hourston has a 150 on it. It’s the max hp and is plenty for sure but it’s not in any way squirrelly or uncomfortable. I quite like the power. My point is I always wonder about these old podded boats. Such a radical change from the original design. Who are the engineers and architects making sure these things are safe never mind “better”. I know there’s tons of knowledgeable people out there doing things correctly but some of these pods and brackets seem pretty sketchy to me...IMHO

I’m going to pass on it. I feel like it’s a great deal if someone has a 18.5 with a tired 115 on it. Swap motors and resell and you’ve got a cheap motor upgrade!

Anyone see that 17 whaler montauk in Vancouver. I messaged the guy 22 minutes after it was listed with a few questions and every intent to buy - he replied then I went back to check and it was already deleted from CL.

Who are these people buying things within 30 minutes of an add !!

Anyone see that 17 whaler montauk in Vancouver. I messaged the guy 22 minutes after it was listed with a few questions and every intent to buy - he replied then I went back to check and it was already deleted from CL.

Who are these people buying things within 30 minutes of an add !!

I dunno. I saw it after an hour and figured I might've had a shot. I think boats are going now to the first email that says "I'll buy it. Send me an email for an e-transfer deposit and I'll bring the rest in cash tonight"

Back