Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Yeah... so I thought it was clear. I listed it as a joke because there was another terrible deal. It’s not worth 2k. It’s max speed is 6kts with a tailwind.
move on fellas

Agree on the two red flags but, if you are only towing a few km's to the boat ramp the trailer should be fine. If you go any significant distance or speed then budget 3-4k for a used trailer and plan to get 1200-800 selling the trailer used. The 2 stroke is louder and gives you a smokey smell but the Yamaha kicker is a great feature as it isn't Smokey and was 3k to buy/install new. Plan to invest 10-18k in a new/used motor like my buddy did with his mercury of that era but who knows you may get lucky like my brother who ran his mercury of that era for 5 years with no problem and then sold the boat for the same price.

He is clearly asking OBO so if you can get it in the high teens it could be a great boat, I personally wouldn't sell it for that but I don't own two boat right now! I love the hard top for carrying prawn/crab traps and a full canvas and Cuddy makes it usable year round. The down riggers, Lowrance gps/fishfinder and I noticed he had a BBQ as well, you can ask him to throw in but he is already including thousands in extra over a bare boat and new that thing would cost you 60k rigged like that and yes I did pull that number out of my......

Thanks, I already have a tandem axle trailer sitting at home. I am in the central interior of the province and fish the north coast (Douglas Channel and/or Port Edward). I am on a tight budget mostly 'cuz I only get out on the water for a week in July then a week at the end of August.

I am not familiar with Mercury Optimax 2 strokes but I currently run a 90 horse Evinrude etc that is a fabulous motor for my 18 foot aluminum. (Some day I'll tell the story of why I'm decommissioning the old boat).

The red flag for me is the low hours on the motor. Does the 2001 Optimax have a chip/module/computer to verify the hours claimed?

Does a regular pre-purchase inspection include moisture testing the transom, etc.

I would like to find something decent within the month. Wife says that she wants something in the 20 to 24 ft range: I said "yes dear".

Thanks for the input.

Yeah... so I thought it was clear. I listed it as a joke because there was another terrible deal. It’s not worth 2k. It’s max speed is 6kts with a tailwind.
move on fellas
Not much of a sense of haha on any topic in the forum these days. Can you please put jk or at least an lol at the end of your posts to clear up any further confusion...;) For example...hey @Stizzla I will sell you my boat for $10 000.00? Lol. End of high Jack!

I know most at this time are looking for a laugh. But maybe its time to let those post their adds and every one read them and if interested inquire. Those that are not move on. I am sure some don't even want to place a add in fear of so much criticism. I sold my boat last year and if today had to post it on here , I wouldn't. Yes I am old and have a better sense of haha and sarcasm than most.. lets just move on. And yes I am sure I will receive some negativity on my post ,its real easy when we can just sit at home and hit a button .. thanks ( please excuse spelling)

Is it me, or does this seem cheap for what it is? 2x300hp out boards for 40k?

I cant afford to feed anything this big, just curious for what people thoughts are. I would have thought after a certain size you were better off with dual props and diesels.

Other than it looks like I did the wiring I think this is one heck of a deal...

Back