Boat Prices are Insane

Yes that happened to me as well! Payroll audit due to a former employee disputing their T4. That was an error on my end and was easily resolved. In passing, the auditor checked my payroll deductions account. Did it three times in all before concluding I'd overpaid. Got a thousand bucks back. Best audit ever!

Experts Predict Lol. That's like trying to win an argument by saying "studies have shown" without being able to identify a peer reviewed study. It's a crazy time....Global Pandemic, crazy housing, stock, and consumer markets. Now the retail investors short squeeze. Who knows what's next. With respect to the prices of boats and other toys I predict it will collapse like a house of cards but I'm wrong more times than not. GLTA. We are boat shopping currently but not prepared to pay 30-40% premiums over 2019 prices.

Last edited:

Experts predict that the uptick in boat sales will continue to sail off the charts as the pandemic continues.​

Coronavirus: Boat sales booming amid ongoing pandemic​

Ugh that video reaffirms my commitment to not putting my boat in the water in the Okanagan from July 1 to after Labor Day.

I find it's worth the 15 minute drive to Naramata to launch. Easy run from there to Squally Pt area and avoids the launch ramp and inshore madness around Penticton.

Can see 2024 being a great year to buy , when everybody is dumping their toys because of the high interst rates and returning to not one job but 2 , or even a few hundred bankruptcies. As we used to say in the banks in the later 80s and early 90s ... **** is this really happening ! , and we never thought it could happen then . So be careful !

Back