Boat Help

Bambam

I own a 12ft. Inflatable Boat and looking to set this boat up for for fishing…. I run a 2hp Honda for river fishing and a 9.9hp for lake fishing… So far I don't have rod holders mounted or down riggers! Right now I'm looking for a way to mount rod holders!

I live in Kelowna and will be fishing Okanagan Lake (if calm) ], wood lake, duck lake and some mountain lakes!

Help Me out thanks!

BamBam

Step 1: Trade in the rubber bote

What do you have for a transom?

That's where the rod holders & downrigger mounts go-one way or t'other.

I have enough for road holders but not for a downrigger.. I found Scotty has glue on Rod holders and the mini lake trollers... That mounting system could work but will it hold the pressure of a downrigger?

Sometime you need to attach a board of some type to attach things to-sorry if that doesn't make sense it's late.

I have enough for road holders but not for a downrigger.. I found Scotty has glue on Rod holders and the mini lake trollers... That mounting system could work but will it hold the pressure of a downrigger?

I have mounted downriggers to a Zodiac. If you have or can mount rod holders, look at getting a " Gimbal Mount Bracket" to mount the downriggers.

Do you have any pictures Charlie?

Not sure what your budget is, but couldn't you do something cheap with a used manual DR and a piece of 3/4 ply spanning the pontoons?

I have 2 manuals and 2 lake trollers... I just don't know how to mount them.. The board idea I like though!!

How would you strap the board down?

Is there seat for the rower? You cold lay a board across the tubes and then strap it to the seat. Mount everything to the board and when not it use just unstrap it

No there is no spot for rowing as we removed it for optimal space for drift fishing

I'll have to devise something... Just wondering if there was an easy quick way

I will later! As right now it is at my house! Just want to get it set up to fish lakes in the okanagan area! I don't want to drive to Kaslo and pick up our 24ft Thunderjet Chinook!

However you do it, it would need to be rigid enough not to sag under the torque of the DR weight and line, and secure enough that if your ball hooked into the bottom, it can't tear all your gear over the side :confused:

Back