Boat Choice , new to boating

Cruise in the white and anchor in the blue!
If your not sure follow another boat or take a longer route until you have more confidence. I still go wide around a lot of points I’m not familiar with

The hook 7 is a good plotter with navionics card. You can or add another 7” for a sounder and you’ll be golden.
Great choice on the boat, dude!

Update, I have to wait, my boat won’t be ready till next week, not enough time to mount the kicker and electronics etc.
Oh well, it will give me more time to read and learn , got some great comments and advice from this forum , thanks everyone.
So much to learn, so little time lol

Oh shoot! Must be hard to wait! My Saturday morning plans of spying on the maiden voyage are ruined!
Too funny, my wife actually thought we might get an audience if I gave too much info lol
I better practice
Load the boat,
Put in the plug,
undo the straps,
Bow lines ,,,,,,,

While waiting for my boat, decided to start reading up on salmon fishing so bought a book from pac net & twine called the science of salmon fishing.
Wow, I don’t remember it being this difficult to go fishing lol, started pricing out rods, reels, down rigger weights , flashers ,hoochies sure starts to add up real quick, and the selection at pac net & twine is overwhelming.
I have thes Scotty power down riggers installed, now I need some help choosing what I need to hook up some gear, any recommendations are welcome here , thanks everyone

Also any recommendations where we should first go on our trial run,
Thinking of launching French creek and head south to Nanaimo , or Brechin point to French creek back to Brechin
We live in wall beach Nanoose so we’re open to driving to either location
Open to all suggestions

While waiting for my boat, decided to start reading up on salmon fishing so bought a book from pac net & twine called the science of salmon fishing.
Wow, I don’t remember it being this difficult to go fishing lol, started pricing out rods, reels, down rigger weights , flashers ,hoochies sure starts to add up real quick, and the selection at pac net & twine is overwhelming.
I have thes Scotty power down riggers installed, now I need some help choosing what I need to hook up some gear, any recommendations are welcome here , thanks everyone
This crowd is great at spending other people's money, lol

Back