Black Friday Sales

Holy **** balls. I might need to make a trip over. When's the first ferry?

Haven’t been to this sale before , I don’t mind hanging infront of the store for a couple hours but if there’s no chance to get a deal on one of the door crashers not sure it’s worth it. Anyone know how long the line might be around 6 am ?

Lame. So guys actually sit in a line or do they get wrist bands or something?
People line up that night. I went up a few years ago to get a downrigger, got there at about 0445, 7th in line or so. One guy lined up the night before. I ended up with a 1106 for 399. By 6am, it'd be a decent line I'd think. Would be worth getting there early it if you're going after a big ticket item. Bring a chair and dress warm and lots of coffee.

Worth offering a bottle of whiskey to someone else who is willing to stand in line I'd think. I did come up a couple days after their boxing day sale and got a good deal on a radar that didn't sell out. Only the first 1 or 2 is a great deal in my opinion. The 2 generation old Lowrance units or 1 generation old ones are priced the same as ebay/other discount prices.

I have not gone to the particular event that you guys are talking about but I did go to a local one where people lined up the night before. Sad to see half the **** end up on craigslist the next day

Always a bunch of Arbitrage hunters out there

Last edited:
We will be in Nanaimo early Saturday morning and will stop by to see if there is anything else on sale. The store is worth the stop just to look around..lol

Worth offering a bottle of whiskey to someone else who is willing to stand in line I'd think. I did come up a couple days after their boxing day sale and got a good deal on a radar that didn't sell out. Only the first 1 or 2 is a great deal in my opinion. The 2 generation old Lowrance units or 1 generation old ones are priced the same as ebay/other discount prices.
Tent city is right across the road...

I would rock an overnighter if I was to get the HDS 12 and save $2200 (and I lived near it.)
To go 2 hours each way and camp out for hours and hours to save $500 on a hook 7 doesn’t make sense.
Tent city is right across the road...
those are just people already lined up for the sale!!!

Last edited:
Or this as a foolproof plan: give a credit card and the PIN number to one of the fine residents at tent city.
Get them to stand in line the afternoon before and get them to ship the merch and the card back via mail.
What could go wrong?!

Currently on sale $200 off at $1099 each. I will post the flyer I signed up for once they send them out and everyone can see what’s on sale.
It might be worth camping out for some of you if you need the right things. Could save a couple grand!
Make sure they dont ding you another $60 for the pump. Its essential !

somebody inside must be taking bribes for the good stuff :eek:........;)

"geez how the heck did that guy from Kelowna get sucha good deal........and he wasnt even in line"....:rolleyes:

At 2:30 pm My buddy was working near harbour chandler and said someone had already started to line up. Put his tent up and everything, and in the rain !!

Back