Biggest Halibut You Ever Caught

50 lbs last October. Last weekend befog the closure!
DSC02070.jpg
[/IMG]
sorry for the side way shot.

Hali that I caught outside of Barkley Sound with pops in 2007. And he had one in 2008 that was 75lbs

Attachments

• hali 100.jpg
    hali 100.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 178
I caught one it took one and half hours the two of use were so tired it measured 6.5 feet long ,racerock ouch!!!

335 lbs Yakutat Alaska... trying to find the photo.

Great Bar there. Is it not called the Glass Door? They love to cater Commercial Fisherman like your self. Say hi to the Sheriffs sister next time you are there. What is there moto again.

Only Locals Wave?

Great Steelheading Best I have ever seen or heard of. Check out the sport reg's that is if you ever decide to be a sport fisherman.....

If I recall correctly mine was about 90lbs off Race courtesy of Tailspin Charters.

On the Length for weight charts that shows around 465lbs. Dooes anyone know if this is accurate? Either way great fish and nice release

On a release, how do you get the hook out of any hali over 100 lbs??? without losing your hand, arm, or your life. :)

Why? :)

Lorne[/QUOTE

The meat on halibut is absolute **** on one that size, and who needs close to 200 pounds of tough, stringy and often worm infested meat. Also the larger halibut are the breeders and a fish of that size will lay up to 4 million eggs. Or would have...

Back