Better Compression?

nedarb2

Is there anything you can add to the fuel or cylinders or anything to help increase compression, Even temporarily?

Why would you want to temporarily improve compression when a proper repair is in order?

its not that i have bad compression, the motors is just getting older so its where youde expect it to be. I want an additive or something i can throw in to help give it a little more.

quote:Originally posted by LastChance

Hopefully not being used on old motors before a pre-sale survey LOL!
its 50 hours a year and no its for a 6 horse, thats a little ways off from 200 [:p]

There used to be something called the "Instant Engine Overhaul", it came with some molly pellets that you dropped in the sparkplug hole once the thing got warm, and then ran it. I don't know how it would work on a two stroke, but it got one of my Honda Civics in High School to smoke a lot less. Try cutting your 2stroke oil with some of that Bahr's 4 Cyclinder formula, say, a 1/4 can of it to a couple gallons of your regular two stroke gas and oil mix, and get the thing piping hot before taking the comp check.

if its a 4 stroke squirt some oil via the spark plug hole. if it goes up abunch your rings are going. i cant think of anything which would raise the compression, maybe carbon on the pistons.

your gona have to take apart the engine to raise the compression... bore it out

Hate to say it but if it comes in a can and sounds too good to be true it probably is. If by chance you had a stuck ring you would have no compression not low. Check the simple stuff first but if the rings are worn out it is minor to fix and will only cost you new rings, a head gasket and a bit of time.

Back