Best workable caulking for above the waterline?

Rain City

Crew Member
Hey guys, I need to touch up some caulk. Well, remove and replace some old caulk. What product is actually tool-able? I know that most have great adhesion, I just don't want to fight for a nice clean finish.

Sika 295UV is pretty much the only thing I use. It comes down to a toss up of.. do I want it to turn color and deteriorate from the uv? Or do i want it to shrink a little bit over time from the uv? The UV stable products will shrink but stay looking nice and won't get chalky.

The 3m uv stuff doesn't lay down as nice where as sika is more fluffy and stays where you put it for the most part.

Sika 295UV is pretty much the only thing I use. It comes down to a toss up of.. do I want it to turn color and deteriorate from the uv? Or do i want it to shrink a little bit over time from the uv? The UV stable products will shrink but stay looking nice and won't get chalky.

The 3m uv stuff doesn't lay down as nice where as sika is more fluffy and stays where you put it for the most part.
Ok perfect, thanks man.

I also love the Sikaflex products, buy the one with the removable tip unless you plan on using the whole tube within a month, they are a little more expensive but so worth it.

You can unscrew the tip and remove the part that goes hard and then continue using it, since I discovered these I'll always by this type.

Last edited:
I kept a regular tube of Sika going for a couple months just by wrapping the tip in gaffer tape real well between uses. But yeah, I'll be looking for that kind next time.

Yes this one right here

Back