Best place to get salt ice in Port Hardy?

Sculpin

We will be back up to Winter Harbor this Thursday. We are towing the rig and want to buy some salt ice just before launching in Coal Harbor. Which plant in Hardy is best for a rig to back up to / or has a forklift that can bring the ice tote next to the boat? We will be in Hardy just after noon on Thursday.

We will do the transfer thing (drop the boat and back the truck up. Fill the tote in the truck and then tranfer to the boat) if necessary but just looking into it right now. Any information would be appreciated :).

We will be back up to Winter Harbor this Thursday. We are towing the rig and want to buy some salt ice just before launching in Coal Harbor. Which plant in Hardy is best for a rig to back up to / or has a forklift that can bring the ice tote next to the boat? We will be in Hardy just after noon on Thursday.

We will do the transfer thing (drop the boat and back the truck up. Fill the tote in the truck and then tranfer to the boat) if necessary but just looking into it right now. Any information would be appreciated :).

I posted info in Winter harbour thread also
Great guys to deal with

Screenshot_20160809-215914.png

John,

Peter is a good friend of mine and has always helped out my guests in need of ice. Your best bet is to call ahead and see what works best for them as they are a busy fish plant but always squeeze guys in. They will fork lift a tote up to the side of the boat and you can take what you need. Let me know if you have a problem getting ahold of anyone there, I have Peters cell and can pass that along if needed.

A case of Bud or a bit of $$$ goes a long way there John.

Stop by and say hi if you have the time, can always squeeze in a cold one. My number is 250-902-9174, shoot me a text.

Good luck over there.

Cheers

We have always paid between $20 and $30 dollars depending on the size of the cooler.. A bargain that we appreciate.

thanks for the info
we will need ice much of the summer as mooring Hardy thru August. Ranging as far North as Caamano.
are they open Saturday AM ?
understand beer and $ work
jim

Jim,

I would stop in and introduce yourself if you are going to be around through the summer.

They are generally happy to get you ice anytime they are operating

Cold beer seem to go along way

Cheers

Jim,

I would stop in and introduce yourself if you are going to be around through the summer.

They are generally happy to get you ice anytime they are operating

Cold beer seem to go along way

Cheers

I will for sure. Had a good but busy first trip shaking things down and fishing Caamano. We did get ice at Cove and found them to be fantastic !!! Boat is The Way over on B float. Up there again soon !!!

Back