Best Boat Gifts

kaelc

I took my buddy and his wife out fishing years ago and he gave me a nice Stanley Thermos. Way more meaningful than gas $ since my dogs name was Stanley and I didn’t have a heater on that boat.

What are the best boat gifts you have given or received?

I was thinking of the stainless multi screwdriver, on of you guys mentioned but what else?

Last edited:
I try to get stuff I would have if it was my boat.
Better gaff, bonker with one flat side so it doesn't roll, dual rod holder or at least another rail mounted one so the boat can stack. Or expensive scotch/rum. Plus I usually leave my hot flasher and spoon/helmut/hootchies, since I probably have doubles.

Joking aside
Maybe a gift card for their local tackle shop or Marine retailer, like Trotac or Harbour Chandler?
I had a customer who used to give me a Berry’s Bait gift card. Always ways to spend money on gear, but even easier when it’s free.

The best boat gift I received was one of those head lamps for fixing junk in dark areas aka everywhere. It stays charged forever too.

That and the 3' long flexible recovery tool with the light on the end. Can't tell you how many things I dumped into the bilge under the engine this thing has helped recover.

Got an awesome set of fillet knives a number of years back, which was a surprise.
boxes of beer always work great! Or more flashers!

most of my buddies have boats so if we alternate here and there we never expect anything from each other (which I think would be the norm)....
if I invite someone without a boat I'd never expect anything in return, but what I do pay forward is bucktails....usually leave a few hand tied on board, nothing more rewarding than having a buddy text you saying he landed another fish on one of my bucktails....

ferry gift cards, gift certs to any marine store

I got a set of rapala electric fillet knives. I thought it was great gift idea. No issues now with filleting lingcod or rockfish. Also makes filleting salmon a perfect cut!

An old school compass you’d be surprised how many boats don’t have one with today’s electronics
Or a cool looking barometer
I think it’s really neat to do rope work fancy knots and braids for that personal touch

$40 wireless borescope camera. Awesome for inspecting your outboard combustion chambers and under the deck. You can get different lengths too.

Lucky bug kombo bonker/fillet knife. My buddy got me one and it’s awesome. 2 tools in one means less clutter on the deck. Bonk the fish, then cut it to bleed. The knife isn’t my best fillet knife, but it’s still super handy.

Noco jumper pack. Also acts as a flash light and a USB charger. I bring it on every trip.

Knipex pliers wrench. If you know, you know.

Back