Beechy Head/Trap

I heard of one guy bringing in 5 springs of the trap this morning and I got a 12# last night, with a ton of bait around and lots of bait balls.

There was also a 35 or a 40 that came off the trap a few days ago, so its worth the effort.

Just got back in now, from Trap. Not a bite! Lot's of bait and fish on sounder but no hit's!! Oh yeah and a lot of seals.:(:(:(

I hope this is not a sign of things to come this season. I hear the commercial trollers are not doing well either on their limited openings. Even Alaska is slow. I dont think I can take another season like last year. Haul water all week end after spending $150.00 on gas and bait.

I don't think so, I'm doing much better then the same time last year, EVI is doing excellent, there is tons of bait around(herring and krill) and predictions are for better numbers and size then last year.

All signs point to a good year and last year was awesome for many guys - just ask wolf how he did, It sure sounded like he had a good year at otter.

I fished the trap last night, lots of bait on the surface.The seals were linining up for a salmon buffet. saw one guy get one, only to lose it to a seal. hopefully more are coming in soon getting frustrated with coming home with nothing.

I was out too, I don't think that the salmon could see my lures because of the clouds of bait out there. I saw the guys get sealed too. No fish for us.

Herd things were heating up at Otter yesturday. Might have to move a bit north boyz, 36, 32 and a 24 taken by one boat!

Thanks, heading out again this weekend. You can't get fish unless you put the time in! As suggested, will have to sharpen my sling shot skills to target seals. [8D]

Very informative posts. Thanks guys. Sounds like one should target halibut or go trout fishing this weekend.

Back