Bayliner Trophy 2052 hard top

scotty

Anybody have any advice on prop size and pitch. Currently I'm running a 14 1/8 X 19 stainless Apollo XHS.
My top rpm is 3800, and top speed with 3 guys and all the gear is 30 mph. Getting up on plane is like watching paint dry. I have trim tabs and a fin. I'm just curious if anyone has a SS prop for sale, or maybe you other trophy owners can share what your prop sizes are? Thanks for your help. Scott

Yep, you're overpropped. You'll probably need 15 inch pitch to get full WOT rpm.

4.3 should run between 4200 and 4500 rpm at WOT if I remember from my books (and the top of the engine cover). They say each 1" pitch is about 200 rpm so I think salmonkiller01 is close with the 16" suggestion. Maybe 17"? That way when you are light on guys/gear/fuel you will still be in or around the range.
Check craigslist for any aluminum prop. For $50-$100 it is much easier on the wallet to do product testing that way. Then, if it works like you have always dreamed you can go and spend the big coin on a stainless if you feel the need.

Back