2006 Bayliner 242 for sale

gpspowell

Extremely well cared for 2006 Bayliner 242 Classic Cruiser with Bravo 3 Outdrive Upgrades: (two sets of SS props), 22 hours on a new 2012 Mercruiser FFWC SeaCore Mag 350 engine with guardian system and vacuum raw water flush; Engine bay includes Raycor filter, two 2012 AGM grp 31 105ah Lifetime deep cycle and one AGM Grp 27 start battery all controlled by Blue Sea battery isolator/combiner and Xantrex battery monitor system, Fireboy fire suppression, two 2000 gph Rule bilge and a 1000 gph bilge pumps, fresh water maker, 6 gal hot water heater, 20 gal fresh water and 24 gal holding tank.

Exterior: electric start Honda 9.9hp extra long-shaft kicker, fully remote with electric tilt/trim/start on full reinforced swim step, all through hulls are bonded stainless steel (SS), bottom paint 2012, oversize Bennett drop fin trim tabs, rocket launcher rod holder, ECHO radar reflector, hard top mounted spotlight and cell phone antenna. Mid cleats are fold down SS, bow rail has two sets SS fender holders & fenders, mounts for EU2000i and separate fuel tank, Lewmar windlass 15' chain & 200' 8 braid plait, 25# CQR anchor on bow pulpit, SS LED bow lights, dual 30 amp shore power w/cords, custom aft sunbrella cockpit canvas, drop down curtain and custom heavy duty sunbrella travel/storage cover, self deploying ACR/Globalfix EPIRB.

Aft Cockpit has aft facing trophy fold down seats, walk through transom door, kicker controls, two scotty 1116 downriggers recently loaded with 300 ft of 200# PowerPro braid, transom mountable Magma fish cleaning station, folding rear seat and gunwale rod holders near stern; raw water wash down system and hose; hot/cold aft cockpit shower.

Cockpit: New 2012 MercMonitor system; “FloScan” fuel monitoring system with digital tachometer & hour meter; 2010 Lowrance HDS 10 GPS/Chartplotter with 2011 Lowrance 3G Broadband RADAR. (chips include Puget Sound and Vancouver Island), plus paper charts for Salish Sea; 2010 Lowrance HDS 5 Fishfinder; Raymarine Ray 55 VHF Radio with DSC interface & 8’ Shakespeare antenna;
ACR GlobalFix self deploying EPIRB (battery new 2011); Upgraded cockpit seats; helm side windshield wiper

Cabin: dinette, alcohol/120v dual burner range, microwave, dual electric refrigerator/freezer, Dometic MarineAire AC/heater, AM/FM cassette player, easy access electrical panel, sink with hot/cold running water, enclosed head, Deep V berth with fold down forward dinette back for extra tall people, additional removable countertop space, under sink cabinets and under dinette storage.

Extras:
-stainless steel engine coupler
-2011 Custom built Pacific welded aluminum, bunk tandem trailer with electric over hydraulic disc brakes, “Vault” system hubs, replaceable Torsion axles, spare hub/brake assembly, alloy rims, radial Goodyear Marathon tires, wheel locks, 2- spare tires, full length carpeted side rails/guides, hitch ball lock
-Custom full coverage “Sunbrella” storage cover; Custom “Sunbrella” travel covers for all windows and cockpit; Custom “Sunbrella”/Isenglas weather wall for rear of the helm; Full “Bayliner” Bimini camping cover with complete Isenglass enclosure for helm/cockpit.
-Bottom paint renewed end of season 2012
-like new fenders (set of 4)
-dock lines
-ditch bag with flare gun, hand held VHF radio and miscellaneous emergency gear
-Removable cockpit table
-five 15# downrigger canon balls

$45K
>http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/album.php?albumid=188<

Attachments

• IMG_2118.jpg
    IMG_2118.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,860
  • b 18-47-02.jpg
    b 18-47-02.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,757
  • imageemgine.jpg
    imageemgine.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,684
Hi all, I am working with Mike who is currently in Colorado and his boat is near my home in the Gig Harbor/Port Orchard area. I will be happy to respond to any inquires directly and show GPS Powell to anyone wishing to see her up front and personal...

Mike and I are good friends and we go back several years. My Admiral and I look forward to both Mike and Anne visiting each summer as they head to Canada and Ucluelet to fish for salmon and halibut.

Obviously, this boat is a fishing machine. It has been professionally cared for by our local Kitsap Marine repair shop. They maintain all the records of GPS Powell maintenance, etc. They are also the only Mercury certified shop in the area and they installed the new Seacore 350 last year. Just a note, Mike had them replace the aluminum coupler for a stainless steel one prior to installing the motor. That should ensure a lifetime of service without the need to replace the aluminum coupler every 300-400 hours...

Any questions, email or PM me. My contact phone numbers will also be listed in my profile.

tight lines,

Doug;}

PS: please delete the other post... the Spam monster kicked me out...

Wow, that's one nice looking rig! That's a bunch of stuff invested in that system -- makes it one heck of a good boat.

I hope it is okay to bump this back up to the top. Hoping we can find a buyer even though we are sad about the life changes that are creating the need to sell.

Dang! 718 views on this great boat and not one inquiry??? I know we have it priced where it sounds high (unless you read the entire description of what's included). If we're too high I guess we'll have to negotiate but this is a lot of value even at the asking price.

Well I guess it is time to see if we can get offers from potential buyers that are willing to set a price for this boat. This doesn't mean we're ready to "give her away" but we don't seem to be getting very far at the current asking price.

its probably the worst time of year to sell a boat, xmas is coming and summer is a long ways away. Looks like a nice boat though

I sold my boat through a broker and it was money well spent. It might not be for everyone but worked for me and I was happy with what I got. You only have to deal with one guy trying to beat you down not everyone who calls. Good luck with the sale.

Back