Bass in lower fraser

trout-19

This is kind of scary my son and his friends were fishing and caught bass Delta area. Who do I report this to

Attachments

• 09F4B80C-F84B-4F71-A717-3E7701481C98.jpeg
    09F4B80C-F84B-4F71-A717-3E7701481C98.jpeg
    471.9 KB · Views: 171
Marshy, slow moving freshwater. Sounds like prime largemouth territory.
They've been in the Fraser valley for decades, so it was only a matter of time until they made it that far downstream - either through swimming, or bucket brigades

They're all over the place now especially where you caught that one and there's nothing that can be done by anyone you can't unscramble an egg.

Sorry but this is nothing new guys... first records of bass on the mainland were when the dyke broke on the Fraser in 1948. When the water recieded dead bass where documented being stranded on fields back then. I agree with not moving them but no need to go on a killing spree like the government does now. Hell they were the ones who introduced them to the okanogan area back in the late 1800's. Bass and trout\ salmon species have co-habitated forever often are found in very different environments within the same body of water.

Should be a mandatory catch and kill on non-native species in the Lower Mainland.

Our salmon need all the help they can get.

Trying to justify a non native threat to our salmon that hangs out in our lower tributaries as well the Fraser is just pushing a hidden agenda.

Last edited:
Should be a mandatory catch and kill on non-native species in the Lower Mainland.

Our salmon need all the help they can get.

Trying to justify a non native threat to our salmon that hangs out in our lower tributaries as well the Fraser is just pushing a hidden agenda.
I'm not trying to justify it at all .... all I am saying is that they have been here much longer than people realize. Unfortuanatly they are more showing up than ever due to people moving them around.

Back