Bamfield

Nerka

Off to Bamfield tomorrow, any recent reports would be greatly appreciated.

Will have the rods in the water first light Friday.

What I wanna know is Location, Location, Location? Depths too...

CHEERS!

Fished Barkley Sound Saturday and Sunday mornings last weekend. Saturday morning was pretty crappy weather (wind and fog). Stayed at "The Wall" just outside of Bamfield. Started fishing at 6:00 am stopped at 9:00 am. Had two hits... landed one 17lb Spring! Hits were both on anchovies behind a green-gold flaher, green-glow teaser heads, 8' leader (really looong!) @ 45'. Didn't see any other action from other boats!

Went to Kirby on Sunday morning. The place was on FIRE! Started at 6:00 am stopped at 9:00 am. Had six hits... landed three Springs - 12lb, 19lb, and 25lb! Same gear and depth as the day before... the only difference was that the big Spring (25lb) hit @ 55', the flasher used was silver-blue, and leader length was 6'. Not bad for 3 hours fishing! Saw lots of action from other boats!

Good luck!

We'll be running down to Bamfield late this aft, staying at the Island Fish Camp. Likely doing din-din at the Pub, stop by and swing a few ;)

The weather looks decent for an offshore run tomorrow, and the 25 mile Shallow Spot is our target. Last report still has more than a few coho and hali's about, so right hopin' for a few tugs on the line. Probably fish the Sound Saturday am, then back in. Channel 6: "Dream Weaver" will get to us.

Have a great time, hope you get into a few silver smiles!!!
Looking forward to reading your report when you're back!

Cheers,
Nog

Just got back from Bamfield.Fished with a bunch of friends.Biggest fish 29 lbs at Whittlestone.Biggest coho 14 lbs at Pill. VERY SLOW.Purple haze and green glow at 40 feet at the wall was the best spot.If you put your time in you will do okay.Swale ,fleming ,Diplock ,Sanford slow no real hotspots.Good luck DAN

You know that there is no point fishing some of these places when the tide is falling..right? A very good general rule to follow.. coming out of bamfield...go with the tide.. if it is going left (out) then so should you and if it is going right (in) so should you.

I really dont think that is always the case. The bite can come on at any time of any day. I usually fish whittlestone/beale and from my many experiences in this area and just about every other area in barkley sound i can tell you that one day all the fish will be caught at low tide and high tide on the next day. The only time that i find the tide slows the fishing down is a couple days before and after the full moon because the bigger tides get everything swirling around a lot more and for some reson that seems to turn the fishing off more often than not.

mid augest to mid sept head to swale around 9:30 -10:00 don't matter whitch direction your goin you will get slabs.

Back