Bamfield tuna shootout!!! September 22 - october 1

I don't think the forcast could possibly look any better for this weekend. And if the extended forcast rings true, there is a blow from the west coming early next week that might help us out when it calms down! But maybe i'm getting a little ahead of myself, just so excited!

I'm launching I think at china creek and coming up on Friday, will be there till Sunday. feel free to pm any info.

I may be able to get away later in the week if guy's are still gonna be hanging around looking for a deckie with a shot still an option.

Osama...PM sent back at yah

Guy

If anyone has a seat at all next week. I would love to ride along. I got a call today, 30mins notice to get my **** together. lol i need a bit more. :)

Good luck tomorrow fellas

*&%$ I can't logically make it but I'm trying to say screw it all and come out this weekend. If i don't get there then best of luck to everyone. Take lots of pics!

I hear yah Kelly...just can't make it happen...next year my own boat and it wont be a worry...I hope

Six boats heading out of Bam in the morning. 4 staying out overnight, two more arriving mid afternoon offshore to stay out as well.

Take care everyone. Will let you know how the first round goes!!

Six boats heading out of Bam in the morning. 4 staying out overnight, two more arriving mid afternoon offshore to stay out as well.

Go get em guys!!! I'll probably be radioing you on Friday. Weather looks perfect for an overnighter.

Way cool...the stars are aligning....could be epic!

Hope the weather keeps up for you guy's and into late next week...

Be safe

See you tomorrow afternoon! I will roll in around 3 oclock and see you at Mills.

Can't wait to get back out there!

Hope you guys have a great day today!

Matt

wow that sounds fun good luck and be safe!!!! Are most of the boats 25 feet and up or do people use smaller boat also?

wow that sounds fun good luck and be safe!!!! Are most of the boats 25 feet and up or do people use smaller boat also?

I would say most of them are in that size range and larger. Bigger is better in this fishery IMO and I will be upgrading as soon as finacially possible. Mines 23 with the pod it's 25. I'm probably one of the smaller boats. Mine has self bailing decks, water tight bulkheads, a 105 gal. fuel tank, and literally built like a tank . FB's buddy is running a 22' North River with a pod so close to that length but physically larger than mine (i.e deeper sides and wider beam).

Today and tomorrow look totally flat out there with very low chance of the wind coming up. It sure looks like they picked the right night for an over nighter. I sure hope they try for some humbolts in the wee hours of the morn. That would be really cool!

Do they do a watch system at night or just put out a sea anchor and drift and hope for the best? Man I don't think I would get much sleep!!!

Do they do a watch system at night or just put out a sea anchor and drift and hope for the best? Man I don't think I would get much sleep!!!

I think they always have one or two awake and just take turns having naps. I don't think I could sleep either and would be fishing for interesting critters to kill the time lol.

Anyone heading out sat/sun and want deckhands? Ill be able to confirm by this eve but I think Bobber Jon and I might be rollin in late Friday night.

Back