Bamfield tuna shootout!!! September 22 - october 1

Got a chance to meet Slivo on the dock we shared in Bamfield -- great guy, super family and they make a fine fine red wine! Congratulations on the wedding and it was great to meet you and your families.

Also met Osama quickly as he was cleaning fish after a successful meat run.

Took the boat back to Victoria yesterday as the Bucktail really isn't up to a long offshore run for Tuna -- but if anyone needs a fisherman/deckhand please drop me a line as I'd love to come along.

tuna shootout is just about here, weather sounds good. dak, islandbound and 5th eliment are just a few that are coming, tuna don is here, osama and myself are pumped to go, hope silvo is coming, it should be a blast. everyone is welcome. sorry to hear only one fish was caught the other day but we will make up for it next week.

There is a good possibility I'll show up some time during the event. Do I have to register or anything lol.?

Register when you get here John!

Just a way to gather a bunch of boats and guys together to make the run safer and more productive. Maybe tourney style down the road...

Getting excited!

Register when you get here John!

Just a way to gather a bunch of boats and guys together to make the run safer and more productive. Maybe tourney style down the road...

Getting excited!

Still hoping to get out there to fish with y'all although i probbly won't come down for the off the water activities

Weather looks decent so far (I know long ways away). Just need that warm water to come in a little closer and the chloro's to smartin up. I'll be monitoring it all week a couple times a day. My name is John and I'm a tuna addict;).

Weather looks decent so far (I know long ways away). Just need that warm water to come in a little closer and the chloro's to smartin up. I'll be monitoring it all week a couple times a day. My name is John and I'm a tuna addict;).

I'm not going if it's much more than 50 miles to the good water

We'll be getting them Yellowfins within sight of shore in 2 months

I'm not going if it's much more than 50 miles to the good water

We'll be getting them Yellowfins within sight of shore in 2 months

You don't have to remind me about that trip buddy!!! I think I need counselling;).

Super Cow.........Super Cow........Super Cow...........LOL:D.

Last edited by a moderator:
All this Tuna Talk is driving me crazy...........especially for Yellowfins !!!

This little one seriously kicked my @ss !!!!

It felt much bigger than the Captains 135lb estimate.....(Costa Rica)

I couldn't imagine one double that size........

TP1.jpg

Are there seriously Yellowfin off WCVI in a couple months?!! That would be an amazing fishery! Obviously tough to get out with uglier weather, but is this something that some sporties are taking part in?

Are there seriously Yellowfin off WCVI in a couple months?!! That would be an amazing fishery! Obviously tough to get out with uglier weather, but is this something that some sporties are taking part in?

Ha Ha!! No, we are going to Cabo San Lucas in November for Yllowfins and Marlin

Thurs and Fri their calling for a South swell and light S to SW winds. Do you think this will push the warm water in closer for the weekend?

If that chloro shapes up I'm thinking about a Thursday test fishery!

If that chloro shapes up I'm thinking about a Thursday test fishery!

I guess that pin may have been pulled a little soon eh John? Its looking good for us if the weather cooperates! Loading coolers onboard at the moment...

I guess that pin may have been pulled a little soon eh John? Its looking good for us if the weather cooperates! Loading coolers onboard at the moment...

He pulled the pin on last weeks trip......just like me where all the boats got skunked. Why waste $400 on a boat ride?

I may go on Thurs or Friday as well because the conditions are looking better

Things are shaping up weather wise for sure. Right through the weekend looks good wind and wave wise. Like Harper44 posted in the other thread the warm water seems to be moving in. Just need some better chloro shots and it's shaping up to be a great weekend.

There seems to be quite a few boats heading out on Thursday so hopefully some reports come in before the weekend festivities start.

Cheers,
John

P.S. I'm giggy as a school kid!!!

I'll be in Bamfield for the weekend and available for a deckhand spot Saturday 22nd, have beer and gas money.

Will be staying at Mary's place on the west side, yellow house, two houses south of the store.

OK lets get a list of boats going, guys who need deckhands, and deckhands who wanna go. (And can afford to and can handle it...)

These are the boats I have so far

TunaDon
Mills Landing
Slivo
Bobber John
Harper44
Greenhornet - I believe based on what I know...
Finished Business
DAK
Crazy other Dave from Calgary and his Whaler of joy!
Bod - Just guessin'
Gamechanger
Tykkt e blue ??

That is 12 friggin boats!! What a fleet that size will accomplish should be pretty wild.

Would be great to have you Tofino guys meet us out there and then come to the village for the after party!! (Which is gonna be something in itself)

Deckhands looking

Hambone
Lorneparker1

Also still looking for sponsors in any capacity. Have had a cash sponsorship of $500 from one of the members and some other offers. Any money going into this event is coming right back out!! I just can't wait.

Slivo is out there right now, can't wait till he gets back with a report!!

Trophywife - In or out *****??

Jeff

Best thing you can do is be here. There is space on 2 boats tommorrow it looks like.
We are all just meeting up and planning now.

Our fleet will be leaving at 5:30am. Any guys from Ucy or Renny going please message me with coords so we have a clue where one another are.

We will be on 07.

Will post again.

This is already so fun....

Back