Bamfield reports - Fall and winter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
So , kinda ugly last visit , again lol..holy wind n rain...
just a quik post for yuzz locked away in Winter mode...

spent a couple days on the water , Crabbing and Prawning was great , had ta move around a bit ta get on good numbers , Went for a cruise one morning , Wet the lines , San Mateo , Pill ,Vernon , 0 fish , 0 bait ,
headed back towards Sarita , made a pass or 2 by the Green Can , released a shakee ,

Gear up , off towards the Nook , Guess what i found ? My 2 Prawn Traps !!! SWEEEET !! right off Hosie Islands , 125 feet of water , was pretty stoked about that ,

Off ta Sarita , downed the lines , Wham , game on ,thinkin around 8-10 fish in total , all little guys , 3 - 7lbs , no flashers , but , was kinda fun i guess , was just nice knowin there about , released them all for another day, see if they can gorge up for the Derby lol...sure was a nice day though..

gonna head up ta Mills ta give Gerry a hand in a couple weeks , Jeff n i will go scout the area for a report for the Derby , Hear the Grady is all Purdy now , Gerry brought her back up to speed , new enclosure to i hear , sweet !

few pics .. ( crappy shots , by myself...)

later

FD

IMG00707-20120109-1547.jpg

IMG00737-20120111-0916.jpg

IMG00743-20120111-1015.jpg

IMG00745-20120111-1040.jpg

FD, do you just run one battery on the little boat with your electric DR's? I have a similar sized boat with manuals at the moment. Great pics.

1 battery seems ta do er for me Tubs , I have a 8 amp smart charger on board , shorepower plug , just bump er up every few days , the motor seems ta keep it charged while trolling , i have 2 downriggers , prawn puller , vhf and sonar , she does fine , motor also has a pullstart for back up , cool little boat....

fd

Felix
You should get a boat that you can stand up in, and **** out of.

hey guys ..im new here . i own a cabin in kildonin .im living in surrey ,originally from port ...im down there atleast 5 or 6 trips per year ..im heading that way in feb ..glad i found this site ..hows the fishing been lately..my brother is in a logging camp in kildonin right now .he doesnt get out fishing ,but has prawn and crab traps down and is doing well ..last feb 26th i managed to land a couple beauty winters .one was 26lbs othervwas 22lbs ,caught them in between pill and vernon at 160ft on skunk hootchie ..hopeing there around this feb ...

Great report FD:)!!! That's pretty cool you found your traps. Nice winter rig you have there. Thanks for taking some of the winter blues away:cool:.

lol , My Gulfstream Travel Trailer at the nook is actually " Mother Ducker "

have you seen how hot Captain Kids Daughters are Trophy ? lol......: )

FD

Ahh,,, the "Mother Ducker" Many a Decaf Soy Latte has been slurped back in there, eh...

All the dirty old men seem to a share your opinion about my twin daughters FD.

There is still some cabin thieft going on in the sound. Both my and my neighbours floathouses got broken into sometime in January. Stolen items include 2 generators, 2 tin skiffs, outboard motor, prawn traps, hali gear and rods, battery charger. No booze was taken. The c#$k s$%&#@s camped out in the neighbours place and left a bit of a mess. I guess a guy is just going to have to buck up and get cameras.

Friken sucks. Would report to the RCMP - they need to know there is an ongoing problem and get that police boat out there patrolling. Time for some natural justice.

I hate freakin thieves...lowlife peices of $hit.
I agree Searun...drop em off on a small rock and let em figure it out

Getbent

Tx, nice report. Itchy feet...not sure how I will pull it off. Wait....valentines day. hmmm

OOOh, your a braver man than I. But I love your style. 9.9 from the Russian Judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back