Bamfield reports - Fall and winter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any reports off the water Jeff?

Going to be in Port Alb 3rd weekend of January. Was thinking of popping out to say hello if time and weather permit.

PM Sent...

Also, it would be a first for me in the area, but is there some crab to be caught in the Alberni inlet this time of year? I would be launching a zodiac (13') with little more than a reliable motor and some gusto. Depth finding equipment would be rudimentary at best. Safety is always key...is this possible or am I out to a crabless lunch? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

FB

Last edited by a moderator:
Heading over ta check on things tmrw ....

once this Monsoon passes , hope theres a road left lol...
,weather for the wknd sounds fishable ??? hmm
any one in the hood , drop me a line
, Ken , Jeff , Gerry ??? how bout a Boxing day make-Up Derby : )
weather looks decent Saturday ??

call ya upon arrivee

damn this Saltspring Is. coffee is killer...

FD

Surf's up. Good call. Bet she's even rocking at the harbour mouth. Going to wait for fair weather too. Happy New Year.

LOL...u kill me. I just got my side bolster cushions re-dun...drooling over playing with the boat again. All I could do was fire her up and do some cleaning with that forecast. Now the rivers running at gale force 10, no way I could get her down there until the tidal wave subsides....but, you keep that up and I will have to run down there this weekend and learn ya....how to drink a cold one that is. Hey if she settles down, let us know...the boat itch may get better of me and I'll run down.

Hey at least Nucks are showing up to play tonight.....I thought i was watching them play last night...kinda typical Nucks move, get behind a half dozen goals and try to find a way to win in the 3rd. That said, a valiant effort! Next year.

LOL...u kill me., you keep that up and I will have to run down there this weekend and learn ya....how to drink a cold one that is. .

Good Luck with that Searun , Maybe Fishin ! NOT the Pops lol...

An Interesting ride in ta say the least , Made er in ..

You have no idea what i went through the past 16 hrs , with some weaving , pushing , pulling , truck aquatics , 2 power outages , im finally havin a coffee with some heat and light this mornin ,

lol , as soon as i pull inta the Nook , bang , Power down ,AGAIN !!! Phaaaaakk.. all good now at 8 am

suppose ta mellow out , as it appears to be out my window now,

ya should rethink Pat... gonna blast towards ur cabin later today tomorrow ," My Traps " have a peek for ya..

later

FD

Thanks, appreciate you checking in on the place...it was nasty winds, hope its still there!

Hey FogDucker,

Just curious how you are connected (online) at the nook? Last time I was there I remember there being no cell service.

Official 2012 Sproat Lake Loggers Derby

It's official
from the folks @ Poett Nook Marina & Campground

reservations , contact Marg

link ; http://www.poettnook.com/welcome.html

Winter Spring Derby- March 3rd & 4th

Once again we are happy to sponsor the Sproat Lake Winter Spring Derby. As usual camping and moorage will be free during the Derby, so please come and join in the fun of this great early season Derby. Tickets for the Derby are available at "Port Boathouse, "Gone Fishing" in both Port Alberni and Naniamo and of course at the "Nook" itself.

always a Blast.....

hope ta see ya out there

Felix - FD

AAAAAHHHH, that's same weekend as the Abbotsford Tradex Show...got to be there. Darn...have fun lads, just not too much.

Osama....a quick note to advise that i sent you an email about a possible charter for mid August. Hope you received it. Thanks. Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back