Fishing Reports

Bod

I see on another thread were some guys are asking for more reports. I also see were the guy posting the reports is getting bashed as a spammer. For myself I like to read reports about other parts of the coast, but get tired of all the non report crap that gets posted. maybe the Mods could have a report only forum like some other sites.
A lot of us that could post reports don't for the very reason that someone always bashes you. I've seen Wolf accused of going over his limit for Hali's, and Osama having too big of balls. I've never posted a picture on here and probably never will because of this. I don't want to have to defend myself for no reason. I don't want to have to explain that you can use a barbed hook on a hootchie to troll Hali's, or check every picture for beer cans. Just because there is twenty fish laying on the dock and only one or two guys in the pic, I don't think I should have to explain that maybe others headed for the can, or have already got there feet up drinking a cold one.
If you want to read Bamfield reports go to my website where I try and update weekly. I only report on what I do, and post new, current pictures.
That's my rant and spam for the day!
Wednesday I fished one tac a Beale on my way out to retrieve my Hali anchor which I had left out after catching a couple of 25 pounders on Tuesday with guests.
Lost the first two springs and got the third one. A nice ten pounder which was all I was after. I got to my anchor and hooked up but the waves would roll right up over the bow and roof so I didn't put a line out but pulled the anchor and headed back in. After seeing a bunch of bait off of the corner breaker I couldn't resist putting the gear back out. Got the first rod fishing right on the bottom with a needle fish hootchie, and was putting the second rod out when I heard a wave coming. I looked over to the port side and had enough time to duck as about fifty gallons of water came over the side of the boat and onto the deck. Now I was soaked and standing 4 inches of water, I decided I didn't need a second fish that bad.
So ya. Fishing is good if you can fish where they are, but be prepared to take a beating. Lots of Springs at the surf line, but not much near the harbour lately.

Right on Ken...good stuff, see yah at the end of June this year, same place same dudes with me...cheers,

Guy

A lot of us that could post reports don't for the very reason that someone always bashes you.

Agree on this, and thats why a lot of people quit posting their success stories.
At one point it was so bad that some individuals would accuse you of lying
if there was no picture to provide proof.
Hell, 5 years ago you couldn't even attach a picture.:rolleyes:

I agree Bod. There should be a section for Reports only and on some other sites you need so many posts like 50 to access the thread. That way only the people who contribute get to see the reports or what ever and keeps the guests and lurkers out. People can still report in the salt or freshwater section if they wish, but have a reports only for the people who actually use the site.

www.salmonuniversity.com has a great fishing report page.

And one other thing, as a lot of members on here already know. Most guides are not bad scary people, stop by and say hello, email me for a current report if your coming this way and need info. I point people in the right direction all the time, and tell them what to use. I've even taken the leader off of my flasher at the end of the day, or tossed a hoothchie to complete stranger. I love to see other people having fun, and catching fish too.

Tried to make this point last year and was stomped on! Nice to read the chatter(sometimes) but if putting together a long trip-nice to have a bit of a heads-up on where to start or what to use. Timely is nice too!

Christ man be careful anchoring in that ****, we all know what happened in winter harbor a few years back don't need any repeats of that.

Thanks for the info, Bod. I understand your reluctance to post reports given the history. Although I'm fairly new to the Forum, I have noticed there's a few cynics and nit-pickers who seem to look for opportunities to take shots. Too bad, really.

I agree for the most part but the thread with the picture of spam was great humour and fair comment. Keep the reports a report I don't want to see the link to your site 3 times while I read the report and I don't care about your open dates.

I went out fishing (link to charter site) caught some fish check out my site ( another link to site). Still open dates to catch more fish like this (insert picture) so book now at (link to website).

If you want to say your a guide and link your site in your signature that's cool but when your fishing report looks more like an add that's to me not so cool. Every year the Uculet thread looks more like a tool to try and drum up business we don't see this in other reports sections thankfully most guides just post about their day (or even better members post about their day such as all the members wolf is taking out).

That's just my un-popular opinion if all guides posted on this site weekly with a fishing report/advertisement combo I think more people would be tired of it and agree its borderline spam. Or what if the tackle shops started posting reports laced with tackle advertisements. No thanks.

When it comes to people harping on joe fisherman for the way he is holding a fish I agree its poor class but don't post a picture of a barbed salmon size hootchie and claim your halibut fishing and caught this 25# spring as by catch.

How about the self-proclaimed spam police leave the moderating to the moderators? I'd rather see a fishing report full of website links than 3 pages of people bitching back and forth.

Hey Bod (Ken) ,didnt i pull a Moose outa the bush for you with my quad a few years back ,up in houston ?? I was with Dave .S the sheep hunter ??

Bod I couldent agree more. Reports only thread would be awsome! And giving a hootching away is great. I have probably 6-7 times this year given flies to people at the lake and they have gone on to have sucess right infront of me. Now that is rewarding!

Heck maybe a reports only thread would have kept FFG89 around. Oh well...

-KK

I agree, I just spent two days up off Uki and Banfield banks, why report and deal with the nonsense......this has been going on with many members that have gone to other sites, I still am on here every 2nd day and enjoy everyone's contributions, I would love to share as I am out on the west coast in some form every month year round. Will give this another shot

Lance D

Part of the problem I think were all the false reports going on, certain people were purposely leading others away from area's that had fish. I caught them red handed in the lies and of course they should be called on it.

thats whats fisherman do.. fishing is cutthroat, so u should learn how to " purposely lead others away from the area that has fish".. Glad u caught them "red handed in lies"! Without lies and bs, fishing wouldn't be a COMPETATIVE sport......

competitive sport? my guess is sb never played any real sports...fishing is a peer thing, a group of like minded slayers, i thought we were all buds out there!!!

Back