Bamfield Poett Nook Reports Spring/Summer 2012

For what it's worth, we were having a beer at the store at noon and saw a few boats just nailing them on the wall so we jumped in and fired up the kicker. We fished for one hour and landed 4 and lost 4. Biggest we killed 17, smallest 9. Every boat fishing had one on.

Get out there people!!!

Was scheduled to be there from Wed to Sat for some Hali and salmon fun. Trip will have to wait as I just got a call a few hours ago that my sister passed away unexpectedly.

Heading for the mainland to be with family. Fish will have to wait for better days. Have fun out there and take a kid or a friend if ya have room. Ya never know wen you will get another chance

Ray I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Very sorry. Hope to see you this summer buddy.

Spring Fever, I've been anywhere from 99 to 39 depending on which part of the tach I'm fishing. Green glo spoon had been hot as hell. Really good luck going over the hump in front of Aguillar Point just rubbing the hump no matter which depth you cross it at. Look me up while you're out here.

Bait everwhere.

Was scheduled to be there from Wed to Sat for some Hali and salmon fun. Trip will have to wait as I just got a call a few hours ago that my sister passed away unexpectedly.

Heading for the mainland to be with family. Fish will have to wait for better days. Have fun out there and take a kid or a friend if ya have room. Ya never know wen you will get another chance

Wow. Sorry for your loss Jencourt. My condolences big time out to you and your family.

Regards,
John

My condolences Jencourt, may the Lord strengthen you and your family. You are very right, we need to make each day count and make a difference in the lives of those around us while we can.

johan

Sorry here ta here that Ray , My condolences to you and your family

Felix

Sorry for your loss Jencourt.
Jeff are you at Mills- haven't been there before but I'll drop in-My main deckhand( Striper Sniper) who knows the area well, Crushed his finger in a trap puller-so he's out of action. I've got the general layout of things but would appreciate any pointers. I have a wack of Lights (LED) to test and sounds like the wall is where to start-and maybe Kirby to mix it up. Thanks

Very sorry for your loss Jencourt. Take care.

Nathan

Sorry to hear the news Ray, the next thing that I was expecting to hear form you was how great your trip was... Life... you just never know what, when, or where, so just live it and get the most out of it that you can. Talk to you on Tues if you are around when I am up your way.

Condolences.
Jay

Yesterday morning was good at the Wall again... Glow Green Haze was awesome.

ba172aaa.jpg

Something cool at the Nook last night around dinner time.... Coast Guard - Atlin Post came into the Nook. They docked and let all the kids (and parents) have a tour!

b73b6bc9.jpg

26d4a29f.jpg

Very nice of them to do that.... thank you.

Heading back home today with 12 springs :)

BT

Sorry Ray (Jencourt). The passing of a family member is very difficult. I will be praying for you and your family.
Paul

Thanks for the kind words folks. Came as a bit of a shock as she was only 48. We will celebrate her life in a few days and then keep pushing forward.

Thanks for posting the pics BT. Great to see that some nice fish are in easy reach of the nook ect. Off shore is always special when it is good but it sure is nice to be able to get fish like that on a 10 dollar troll rather than the big run out all the time.

Ray

Ray...Sorry to hear of your loss.
If you need anything let me know.
Gil

Had a great weekend out there and ran into a few members. The fishing was hot with most guys hitting their limits of teeners. Took a few pics.

The harbours waking up

harbour.jpg

Releasing a spring

release-1.jpg

JAC with a double

JAC.jpg

Osama tossin springs

jeff.jpg

Great pics Kelly. Looks like a blast. The rabbi looks cold without his beard lol. Love that shot of the stabi with two bend rod's. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,
John

Back