Bamfield Poett Nook Reports Spring/Summer 2012

My son and I fished the wall this morning. Got our 4. Biggest was 12 lbs.
3 were on the Glow Green Haze, the other was on our new "kitchen sink" style we are trying out.
Will have some pics later.
BT

My son and I fished the wall this morning. Got our 4. Biggest was 12 lbs.
3 were on the Glow Green Haze, the other was on our new "kitchen sink" style we are trying out.
Will have some pics later.
BT

Pics from this morning...

db3dba80.jpg

e14202ef.jpg

Thinking of heading over sunday,mon and tues. What's the chances of sockeye at Pill and maybe Swale. If they are there is it an early morning fishery only? Don't want to screw up the Spring fishing at Kirby etc.

Thinking of heading over sunday,mon and tues. What's the chances of sockeye at Pill and maybe Swale. If they are there is it an early morning fishery only? Don't want to screw up the Spring fishing at Kirby etc.
There may be some sox around Pill, or further into the cannel. I've seen a few jumping around Bam the last few days but they rarely bite here.
Awesome spring fishing for 8 - 12 pounders all around Bamfield, and a few bigger ones. Thanks to US hatchery programs. Thank your US neighbours!

Yeah Yeah Yeah, we know boys we definitely know. Your welcome. I was on the phone talking to my girl noticing that all those fish were hatches. Then I read further. Now down south here we can't wait to sort through a dozen fish to keep one. Stupid Fu%King states. That is why we love to give you our money. Thank you Poett's for being there so we can catch any fish and not feel bad about it or have to let it go.

I love Canada. You guys have beautiful women, fun sports, and kick butt hockey, well not this year but usually. And now down here in Washington there is more of an incentive to go north, cheaper booze. That backfired on our asses. So now we need to go north for fish and booze. How does your National Anthem go, OHHHH CaNNNNNADDDDAA! Guess I better get use to saying it. As the years go by it becomes clear that I should skip buying a license in my own state and country and head north to a mini Alaska. Can't make it this year but see ya on the water next summer. Maybe twice.

Yank Fish

Yes, Thanks neighbours!!!

You can see in the pic all 4 are hatchery.

BT

No thanks necessary. Just hand me a Kokanee the next time you see me! I'll be in a 23 foot Seaswirl staying at the PA Yacht Club June 28th thru July 2nd (Celebrating Canada Day!).

for whatever its worth ,

atleast half of my fish were NOT clipped last wknd , i always wonder the origin of
many of the fish we catch ,also , all the fish were bright red ! i have a hard time believing there all yank fish , Love ta here from the experts , Think Bod told me a while back , that its really hard ta tell most times, such a major stop for all species ,eat eat eat and run !

fd

Started off this morning at the Wall then decided to try Kirby. There for 15 minutes and released 1, bonked 1, then my son is feeling sick so back to the Nook.... oh well...
After lunch we tried a little deeper into the Sound and got 3 more, released 2. We finished the day off with a double header. Rosco was the best producer today.
And for those interested 3 of 4 today were WILD....

BT

Last edited by a moderator:
for whatever its worth ,

atleast half of my fish were NOT clipped last wknd , i always wonder the origin of
many of the fish we catch ,also , all the fish were bright red ! i have a hard time believing there all yank fish , Love ta here from the experts , Think Bod told me a while back , that its really hard ta tell most times, such a major stop for all species ,eat eat eat and run !

fd

I'm by no means the expert on this but I can tell you that every head I turned in last year, up until the end of May was bound for Puget Sound and after that(when we moved off shore) was a Columbia River fish, except for 1 lone Robertson Creek fish.
In the winter we can go weeks without seeing a fin on a fish, and when I do I release it. They seem so special. If our goverment would wake up we could have so many fish on our coast we wouldn't know where to go.

Eight chinooks to the boat this morning before 7:00am @ Kirby all cookie cutter 6- 8 lbers 7 were clipped two got bonked both clipped.Thank you Uncle Sam.

Well, we gave it a good try - showed up at the wall for awhile (approx. 7:30-9am), caught one about 5 lbs. Then we headed to Kirby and joined a bunch of other boats, & caught one more. Sounds like I am in the "still learning" boat, compared to Business Time & Kronic Fisherguy. (ps - wasted about 45 minutes in Nahmint trying for some sockeye...I think it's still a bit early to do a pit stop there).

Back