Bamfield Poett Nook Reports Spring/Summer 2012

I did hear 7 mile was smokin hot... but I cant prove it myself yet... Ukee should be the same Im guessing..

Fishing is unbelievable inshore right now.

Peterman, for what it's worth, 7 mile hasn't been on fire yet. At least for anyone I know, maybey someone knows a secret or something... but I don't think so.

In Bamfield harbour and out along Bradys Beach or the wall have been incredible all day. LOADS of bait, stomachs full of anchovies today. Spoons spoons spoons!! Anywhere from 40 - 100 feet producing.

Our biggest today was 23lbs, smallest we kept 10, but let a lot of them go as well. 13-17avg for us today.

Left at the crack' o 10am. LOL.

South banks happening as well, but who wants to go that far when you can catch them in front of Bamfield General Store?!?!

Peterman, for what it's worth, 7 mile hasn't been on fire yet. At least for anyone I know, maybey someone knows a secret or something... but I don't think so.

In Bamfield harbour and out along Bradys Beach or the wall have been incredible all day. LOADS of bait, stomachs full of anchovies today. Spoons spoons spoons!! Anywhere from 40 - 100 feet producing.

Our biggest today was 23lbs, smallest we kept 10, but let a lot of them go as well. 13-17avg for us today.

South banks happening as well, but who wants to go that far when you can catch them in front of Bamfield General Store?!?!

Seems like the fish are just late. May 24 weekend last year during the hali derby it was a spring slayfest in those spots. COuldnt keep em off. everything seems to be a few weeks behind. Glad to see there are showing up!!

Lorne

Ill take your word for it over my crappy source...lol.. plus i dont think he even likes bottles of 1516.. He cant be trusted...lol

wow - those are some awesome reports Osama & Fd....now I have the itch to go! Maybe I'll head out on Friday for both sockeye & spring :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Right on. Sounds like we timed it right for the weekend! Jonny or i will give ya a ring thurs or friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow - that is some awesome reports Osama & Fd....now I have the itch to go! Maybe I'll head out on Friday for both sockeye & spring :)

x2 great to hear it picking up!

OBH pm..

Stop , Stop you guys are driving me fricken nuts with the awesome reports of the fishing ........... just kidding !
Its just I am going to be there (knock on wood) for about ten days in about 2 weeks and man I hope its still happening !
Keep the reports comin and pics ............... cant get enough .... THANKS !
Clint
PS
Great pics FD and kewl boat dude !

Fished Pill Point to Vernon Bay and hung around Vernon most of the day. Two in the boat, an 8 & a 13. Our action was on splatterback hoodies and green flashers. Tried spoons with no luck.

I'm heading there on Thursday and will be fishing till Monday. Can't wait!!!m!

Fished 7 mile Sunday 3 springs, biggest 14#, was expecting more, at the wrong place again, looks like this weekend will start off at Brady's Beach, save the gas budget for offshore as things pcikup out there later on. Thanks for the report Jeff, see you this weekend

Bamfield Morning.

A picture paints a thousand words.Quick limit this morning as well!!!

Attachments

• Bamfield 2012 004.jpg
    Bamfield 2012 004.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 199
Made it out to Bamfield on Friday night, by the time we put all the traps down, we were happy to see Brian at Mckays lodge to give us some fuel. Anchored over at Diana island, bit of a mistake since it was pretty rough in there all night. Morning was great, Hit two fish in quick order at Kirby then thought we would head
offshore. Went to Uki then headed 270 deg out to 7 mile, Saw a few landed but nothing for us. Went back to Poetts Nook and anchored out there, limited out no
problem at Kirby in the morn.Prawning was slow, crabbing great. Now Sockeye time Sat morning starting at China creek

Lance

Hey Guys
Heading to Bamfield end of June just looking for some local hot spots for Hali and Kings never fished the area b4. Most of my time has been in Renny. Any info would be great

Back