AX Men

Charlie

Just curious?
As I am setting here watching AX Men

What you guys think? Is it a bunch of crap? or Real?

It is real, but I bet they play it up for the camera. They must get paid to have the cameras around, otherwise why would you risk loosing time because some camera man isn't where he should be.

Take only what you need.

that show is scary where the safety standrds on that ???? Im surprised with that show all operations havent been shut down as they really take risks. cool to watch but I couldnt do it.

Wolf

i think its a REAL bunch of CRAP!!!that camera crew needs 2 come up the coast a few hundred miles 2 some old growth logging.ehh!!i havnt seen any big timber or steep ground on that show yet.ehh!!!

quote:Originally posted by shake a paw

i think its a REAL bunch of CRAP!!!that camera crew needs 2 come up the coast a few hundred miles 2 some old growth logging.ehh!!i havnt seen any big timber or steep ground on that show yet.ehh!!!

No Doubt. They could have filmed Island Tiberlands Harvesting the old growth trees out of the Englishmen River. They would have caught that one tree hugger who was out there diving out of the way of the falling limbs.

I did see one episode where they found an old growth Fir, they cut 3 16 foot logs out of it and they said each one would be worth about $15,000. So imagine what 12 or 13 whole trees would fetch! say about 3/4 of a million at that price!!

Take only what you need.

theres some good footage of old growth timber on the HELI LOGGERS show.i myself have climbed 4 gordy and with cleaver..there a tough bunch..my hat goes off 2 those guys 2 b able 2 perform year round!!!but we r yet 2 c some film with some big wood..in a conventional manner ..... i know of a couple of movies that have some good footage..NEVER GIVE AN INCH...CROSSCUT...i wood like 2 c some old films of logging in the 30s-70s...the misery whip and axe to the powersaw era!!!now that wood b cool...

shakes:D

So shake a paw as it appers your a ogger or once was one I have a question for you?? the show i watched they were climbing the big old cedar to get to the top to cut it off?? why???
Dont they chop em down and let them fall?? usually tops and all??.
just wondering

Thanks Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

they do for a number of reasons...its easier 2 fall a limbed and topped stem..with the help of a jack,u can almost put them where ever u want..or u can jig them of the stump,they dont touch the ground..there 4 no breakage..and minimal impact on the surounding timber..which is the ultimate goal..save the wood.and thats where all the nice old growth is..up in the steep broken up ground..so that method does have its place..but not always

shakes:D

Back