Need recommendation for Fridge Repair Service.

Rockfish

Looking for recommendation for an in home Fridge Repair service in the greater Victoria area.

Have an older, high end, Whirlpool Gold Series, side by side Fridge/Freezer that has been very reliable. Recently it has developed and intermittent problem where it stops working and warms up both the fridge and freezer sides. Just opening the freezer for a little while will start it back up again. The problem is intermittent and it seems to run for a few days and then stops again. I suspect a thermostat, temp. controller, defrost controller or relay of some sort is intermittently getting stuck in the off position. When it turns back on it very quickly drops the temp. and freezes, so it's general functioning seems OK.

After watching an episode of CBC Market Place and doing some reading I am aware that there are some real scam/ripoff artists in the appliance repair game. So I am looking for someone who has integrity, good reputation, stands behind their work, and is fair on their parts pricing and service chargers.

Last edited:
Back