August Tuna Run?

We're going.

Depart at 4:30am. Stay tuned for a report boys.

You guys suck (jelous)

There better be pics with said report........ And better pics than you chittin beside an OB ;)

I see the sst's at the south Brooks bouy have been over 60 for the last 24 hours. anyone from kyuquot or Esperanza heading out?

I see the sst's at the south Brooks bouy have been over 60 for the last 24 hours. anyone from kyuquot or Esperanza heading out?

If it holds......I'll be out there Sunday or Monday. I fly into Kyuquot Saturday morning. :)

What site do you guys use for the buoy readings? I have looked at Envir. Can. and unless I am doing something massively wrong I can't get the water temperature? The WeatherOffice site drives me nuts at times at times.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a smartphone you should look at Marine Weather Pro by Bluefin. I use it all the time on my Android.

The weather is just for the US but it shows all buoy data for both WCVI and ECVI. It also has some surface temp overlays for American waters.

Cliff

We are just back now.

Went 8 for 17 of the bastards out there. Spooled right off the hop in 30 seconds - ******' crazy to say the least.

Had line bind on another reel and I almost got yanked overboard.... no ****. These fish fought way harder than the September fish? Like not even comperable.

We had a hog at about 32, but I think the spooler was bigger. Smallest fish was 18lbs.

Rough water, 2Lb balls. Thats all it takes boys.

Heading out again next week. Pics up tomorrow.

Good night

Walked into PNT today and came out with this stuff..............

IMG_1448.jpg

It's a start anyways. Any comments from those experienced sport tuna fisherman would be greatly appreciated. Add or delete from this basic "kit". Different colours of clones or Zukers etc.

The two orange units will be dummy attractants attached to the rear cleats. What kind of line and how far back would one set these?

Last edited by a moderator:
Osama,

If you are heading out next week, i may join the fleet. I will be in Bamfield all next week, staying at the dock beside the hospital. Where do you hang your hat, i will pop by to say hi. May have some room depending on the day.

can usually catch him at the west side store around 4-5pm,,, unless he's out whackin tuna...
i be der mon til fri,,, family trip tho, no tuna for me, this time.

Hi Ten mile

Ill be in bamfield from the 23rd until sept 8 should be great,Where is the hospital? I stay in a yellow house on the boardwalk that my freinds Al and Sheila Cambers own she was the nurse there but is retired now I have a grady with a canada flag on the antena i tie up to there dock there is a red roof and a faded out red cross on the dock house stop by for a beer if you want,i also could be very interested in running out for tuna never fished for them but Id love to try it,have lots of 2lb balls but what other gear do I need??? Any info would really help me so I can buy a few things before I get there tuesday,sounds like obh smoked them good for you!!!! love hearing success stories,damn Im so pumped Im not going to be able to sleep.Cheers

Tight lines
Billydoo

Sculpin, looks about the same as what we started with last year.

Ten Mile, come by Mills Landing Monday or Tuesday about 2pm and I'll be cleaning fish after charters. We are planning to go again on Wednesday so hopefully that could work for you .

Greenhornet, join in if you like, the more the merrier out there. Still waiting for pics to do a full update on the adventure!

Back