August Tuna Run?

I would try to find some cedar plugs, they have been the bomb up off the top of island, outfished clones 3 to 1, taffafin was showing 59 up here last week , so may be worth a try soon!!!

OK.... So there's how many pages of people saying they are into it, but no one is biting now that we have a date set...

Oh well, you will see the videos!!! LOL!!!

ONE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!

OK.... So there's how many pages of people saying they are into it, but no one is biting now that we have a date set...

Oh well, you will see the videos!!! LOL!!!

ONE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff I'm totally in but I need a spot on a boat, I'll kick in gas money and whatever
Just let me know so I've got time to get there.

I believe I got a spot on a machine. Just waiting for the time and date and the word GO.....

OBH, are you talking about the 1-3 of Aug? I have 31 July-Aug 2nd off and have no plans.

IFL, send me a PM with the dates you are thinking about...Cheers,

I believe I got a spot on a machine. Just waiting for the time and date and the word GO.....

OBH, are you talking about the 1-3 of Aug? I have 31 July-Aug 2nd off and have no plans.

IFL, send me a PM with the dates you are thinking about...Cheers,

Those are the dates all right!

Let's do this!

Can't make the first trip but am damn sure interested in going later in August if another is planned. Fishing out of a 27ft Sea Ray Amberjack, with all the electronics and goodies. Would need a couple of travelling partners as none of my buddies have enough sea legs. Please let me know.

Can't make the first trip but am damn sure interested in going later in August if another is planned. Fishing out of a 27ft Sea Ray Amberjack, with all the electronics and goodies. Would need a couple of travelling partners as none of my buddies have enough sea legs. Please let me know.

I have an Aug 29th trip planned. so far only my boat is confirmed, but 3 others are trying to make it for that day too. the more the merrier!

I have an Aug 29th trip planned. so far only my boat is confirmed, but 3 others are trying to make it for that day too. the more the merrier!

If the weather is good around Aug 23/24, 26/27/28 or Sept 3/4/5 I'm good to go and will be in Bamfield at that time to join along with any groups.

Did it 3 times last season can't wait to relive it on Aug 2,3,4.

Nog? You ran up the post, you going? There is a minimum of 3 boats from our harbour at this point.

Apologies Buddy! Too damn busy on the water to even think about checking in here! Simply falling over after supper to get up and do it again, and again, and again, each and every day!

Just now seeing this, so suspect you are out?
Let me know how it goes...

Latest reports from the commercial fleet put the fish out better than 45 miles to get into any real numbers. Also suggested they will likely be much closer a little later in August, so I'm holding off for that report to launch. Will of course make a note here before doing so...

Cheers,
Nog

Just talked to a friend who ran out of Kyuquot a couple of days ago. They got 8 while they were out there and only had to run out about 10 miles....there is a big marker out there where the freighters have to run "outside" of and they were into them out there; water temps in the higher 50's to my understanding if that sounds right? Lots of whales/dolphins/shark sightings.......and some good tuna action! They were home for lunch at noon!!

Due to bookings going off the scale, the only likely time we will have is in September. Last year was rocking for them at that time, and we suspect the same for this season!

Looking at dates of September 6 through 10, weather and fish dependent of course.

Let me know if works for ya'll! We will start taking tentative bookings for those dates as of now...

Cheers,
Nog

Nog, and others, I'd be in as crew if anyone needs someone to share costs...my aluminum is too small to make that journey!!

I will be over in Bamfield August 26th -August 29th. We will be running a 2006 30ft Tiara with 4 guys on board. If there are any boats interested in heading out for Tuna or are still planning a trip please let me know we would be interested in teaming up and making a run. Thank you Jimmy

jimmy im doing aug 29 out of renfrew dependant on distance to warm water and the weather.

Chlorophyl levels were wonky so no tuna trip for us sadly...

Looking at end of the month so it might line up for you Jimmy!!

Thanks for all the pm's, got lot's of qualified crew looking for spots... c'mon skippers!

OBH,

Might be up with a group of Doods staying at a floating cabin in Rainy Bay during that Sept 8th-11 range and may like to join the flotilla. Our biggest problem would be the serious amount of ice needed to chill the Tooners down. Have fished Barkley Sound many times before, but never had to get any ice. Bamfield got a place to get a bunch without spending a mint?

Thanks
Capt. Red

Back