August Tuna Run?

talk to the guys at sunshine bay resort,, there is usually a tote full there and i am sure they wouldn't mind selling off a bit.

Trophywife,

Thank you for the information, I sure appreciate it! The folks on here never cease to amaze me with how willing to help they are!

CR

We will be ordering in totes to the west side dock in Bamfield for the occasion my friend they are pretty cheap, can't remember the exact cost but cheap.

Lotta guys climbing onto to this tuna gig this year, just met Part-Timer at McKay and he's bringing his big beautiful boat as well! Gonna be a great friggin time!!!

We will be staying at Mckay August 26th-29th in the 30 taria boat name "Reel Deal". If we cant get a few boats for a for a run offshore for tuna. At least if you see us around say hello or come by the dock for a beer.

Cheers Jimmy

Hey FishTofino,

I googled The Flemmish Cap because I am pretty interested in your guy's tuna run, and the Flemmish Cap is a east coast thing, I am only curious to know so I can look on my charts if its on there, or does Flemmish Cap refer to the colour of the water? anyways I'm jealous of you guys going out on this trip as I will be sitting in camp wishing I was there!!!!

cheers

Hey FishTofino,

I googled The Flemmish Cap because I am pretty interested in your guy's tuna run, and the Flemmish Cap is a east coast thing, I am only curious to know so I can look on my charts if its on there, or does Flemmish Cap refer to the colour of the water? anyways I'm jealous of you guys going out on this trip as I will be sitting in camp wishing I was there!!!!

cheers

this is an instant classic.

Hey FishTofino,

cheers

Love it!!!

Hey FishTofino,

cheers
It's from the "Perfecr Storm" ........ doesn't anyone get sarcasm around here? It means WAY THE F%&$K OUT THERE!!

30 to 50 miles ....... way the f**k out there

Last edited by a moderator:
It's from the "Perfecr Storm" ........ doesn't anyone get sarcasm around here? It means WAY THE F%&$K OUT THERE!!

30 to 50 miles ....... way the f**k out there

so I googled way the f**k out there so I could put it on my gps but couldn't find it, do you have co-ordinates?

OMG, head straight out until you hit warm water then start hunting. If you are near a deepwater pinacle or canyon make sure to check it out. Water charts look good right now and a few boats have been offloading tuna in Hardy. Good luck.

Hot report out of Tofino

2 boats = 24....... many high 20's, low 30's

40 miles se of Estevan

great temp break up to the west

fish were in patches with no bites for hours and then triples or quads..

Glad I could bring some humour out for you guys, Havent watched that movie for a long time but now I know where to go!!!..........thanks!! lol...........anyways good luck out there and have fun!!

We are going on Wednesday morning. Leaving Bamfield at 4:30 a.m. Conditions from Terrafin look perfect about 50 miles out...

Who's coming?

You better check the weather........ westerly winds are a comin'

Back