April 1 Fishing Regs-sell your Boats!!

Then I would suggest Find away of messenging that..At this point we are not seeing the general public stepping up and putting that messege forward and it should be put forward as well

I would like to see that as well so second that.

Just to be clear no one in anyway from angling community or industry is trying to silence any south concerns at all.

Then I would suggest Find away of messenging that..At this point we are not seeing the general public stepping up and putting that messege forward and it should be put forward as well

I would like to see that as well so second that.

Just to be clear no one in anyway from angling community or industry is trying to silence any south concerns at all.
I’m not going down this road! First and foremost you do not speak on behalf of the angling community, you are just giving one mans opinion as am I! My point was that it requires more than those with a business interest to effect a change of policy. Frankly if you honestly feel that we need to have a follow up news story about how only part of the coast is shut down but it’s business as usual for other parts then go for it. I mean that won’t confuse the Public and certainly the ENGO’s will love to exploit it.I suggest that for a group that preaches working together, that message will cut the legs out from under the group facing annual closures for little if any increase in business.

Last edited:
I’m not going down this road! First and foremost you do not speak on behalf of the angling community, you are just giving one mans opinion as am I! My point was that it requires more than those with a business interest to effect a change of policy. Frankly if you honestly feel that we need to have a follow up news story about how only part of the coast is shut down but it’s business as usual for other parts then go for it. I mean that won’t confuse the Public and certainly the ENGO’s will love to exploit it.I suggest that for a group that preaches working together, that message will cut the legs out from under the group facing annual closures for little if any increase in business.

I don't see it that way myself. The media needed to be corrected. That was no ones fault initially. That doesn't in anyway criticize both Trevor or Gord for speaking out. Glad they did.

Everyone doing best they can with situation. Sviac is trying very hard. The public Fishery Alliance is trying. SFAB and SFI. A lot of members are casual anglers not just industry.

If you are really unhappy with how it is going get off forum and do something. I am sure Sviac could use a hand. They are your best option locally as well as Public Fishery Alliance.

Last edited:
I don't see it that way myself. The media needed to be corrected. That was no ones fault initially. That doesn't in anyway criticize both Trevor or Gord for speaking out. Glad they did.

Everyone doing best they can with situation. Sviac is trying very hard. The public Fishery Alliance is trying. SFAB and SFI. A lot of members are casual anglers not just industry.

If you are really unhappy with how it is going get off forum and do something. I am sure Sviac could use a hand. They are your best option locally as well as Public Fishery Alliance.
I am doing something and frankly I find your tone offensive. Perhaps you’d like to share with us all your personal victories over DFO. Stifling discussion is not in the mandate of this site, yet you seem to feel the need? Perhaps reread the rules before you start detailing people off on organizations that you feel they should belong to. 300,000 anglers and very little involvement, perhaps that indicates a problem with the status quo? Anyway I refuse to stoop to carrying on with this conversation.

I am doing something and frankly I find your tone offensive. Perhaps you’d like to share with us all your personal victories over DFO. Stifling discussion is not in the mandate of this site, yet you seem to feel the need? Perhaps reread the rules before you start detailing people off on organizations that you feel they should belong to. 300,000 anglers and very little involvement, perhaps that indicates a problem with the status quo? Anyway I refuse to stoop to carrying on with this conversation.

I wait to see what you do. Good luck.

Well the CTV story is well like other said before BAD as now everyone who watches seeing fish wheeling down a conveyor belt will think thats how and what you get when you hire a guide.... maybe you should contact CTV and get them to retract that as thats not a good impression at ALL...

the reality is no one person or group of people will make a difference. We need the numbers. the voices... pissed of voices of tens of thousands of anglers...until our sector is willing to rally the masses, we will continue to loose the battle. No amount of letters or emails will make a difference. Bernadette and her coward for a leadership team needs to have egg on their face.. they need to be pushed and hassled time and time again..

How come we are not hearing any further escalations and fighting back east in atlantic provinces with the lobster fishery? The problem has not magically disappeared... my guess is there has been negotiations with DFO and both first nations and lobster fishermen on a solution that both parties can benefit from... their issue back east is like ours..brewing for decades and dfo did nothing to solve the issue until the lobster fishermen had enough and drew a line in the sand. they were willing to get arrested in order to make their point...

our fellow comrade anglers arent even willing to take a day off work or for those who are retired drive downtown to be a part of the rally last year. It was a pathetic showing considering how many people are a part of the rec sector. For a group that is so passionate about the sport...passionate enough to spend up to hundreds of thousands for a boat and tens of thosuands more for gear, willing to wake up at the crack of dawn to get the early morning bite, yet when it was time to show solidaridty and support we had a dismal showing.. No wonder why we continue to get bent over a stump and ramped up the rear..

Well the CTV story is well like other said before BAD as now everyone who watches seeing fish wheeling down a conveyor belt will think thats how and what you get when you hire a guide.... maybe you should contact CTV and get them to retract that as thats not a good impression at ALL...
That, and handling 3lb wild Chinook on board a sport fishing boat....

"For 2021, planning coastwide will need to account for continued unfavorable marine survival conditions and low productivity and potential negative impacts of the Big Bar rockslide on Fraser Chinook stocks. B.C. encourages DFO’s ongoing precautionary fishery management actions to support conservation and promote rebuilding of these stocks. We expect that this will require continued restrictions and/or closures to fisheries in times and areas where these stocks are encountered in Northern and Southern B.C ., including First Nations, recreational and commercial fisheries in marine areas and the Fraser River. We also encourage DFO to implement some of the specific fishery proposals that have been put forward that balance conservation with harvest opportunities where possible, including those Mark Selective Fishing opportunities recommended by the Sport Fishing Advisory Board (SFAB) for recreational harvest. The Province believes adoption of these types of new management approaches may be necessary to ensure harvest opportunities remain in the face of declining stocks"

We look forward to further discussion regarding salmon enhancement. We encourage increased chinook mass-marking to enable better management and identification of hatchery chinook production. This can lead to efficiencies in chinook production, and better management of harvest, which can lead to increased prey availability for SRKW and certainty for harvesters. The Province has prioritized assistance for community-based salmon hatcheries and will look to continue that support.

We are encouraged that there may be a few bright spots of abundance along the coast as we saw in 2020, which may provide some limited fisheries opportunities for First Nations, commercial and recreational fisheries. B.C . encourages DFO to be flexible in its management approaches to not only conserve and protect stocks of concern but also facilitate limited and ‘safe’ harvest opportunities on abundant stocks where locally supportable. We are hopeful that all options, including mark-selective fisheries, are being considered by DFO to ensure conservation and socioeconomic objectives can be achieved.

our fellow comrade anglers arent even willing to take a day off work or for those who are retired drive downtown to be a part of the rally last year. It was a pathetic showing considering how many people are a part of the rec sector. For a group that is so passionate about the sport...passionate enough to spend up to hundreds of thousands for a boat and tens of thosuands more for gear, willing to wake up at the crack of dawn to get the early morning bite, yet when it was time to show solidaridty and support we had a dismal showing.. No wonder why we continue to get bent over a stump and ramped up the rear..
I get it, I wanted to be there but I was looking after my mother with lung disease at the time and could not
justify the ferry/covid trip. If I brough covid home for my mother I wouldn't be able to live with that. Covid might have been a
big reason why the numbers where low.

I get it, I wanted to be there but I was looking after my mother with lung disease at the time and could not
justify the ferry/covid trip. If I brough covid home for my mother I wouldn't be able to live with that. Covid might have been a
big reason why the numbers where low.
I think you are right Covid certainly kept the attendance down quite a few of us protested in front of the ledg in our boats the year before

Attachments

• B49B45B9-1D72-4BD8-81FC-806B52B0C816.jpeg
    B49B45B9-1D72-4BD8-81FC-806B52B0C816.jpeg
    205.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 4E0515A5-0CB2-47BF-9675-28A470C1C319.jpeg
    4E0515A5-0CB2-47BF-9675-28A470C1C319.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 125
  • E947AB97-F527-4C8C-BC67-C3A686CEBEAC.jpeg
    E947AB97-F527-4C8C-BC67-C3A686CEBEAC.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 139
100% Agree! With a family member working for CTV, no media will touch Trudeau and his massive dingus bungle of the vaccine rollout and massive dingushead mistake not closing cross continent flights down. We have a massive problem and are the worst first world country. With a die hard liberal media deflecting any fault to our leader, we're hooped. Oooops, politics.

Nanaimo fishing was great thursday - friday, many nice fish released in the 5-8 pound category. Thanks again to Trudeau DFO for closing a healthy fishery for optic purposes.

Peace.
Don’t forget all media gets handouts from the feds of our tax dollars. Won’t bite the hand that feeds them.

Back