And so it begins....

A little News Year Eve update from the builder. Not a lot to show but he has the visor on over the windshield. I think it adds to the lines of the boat. I had a choice of a long or short one but I like the looks of the shorter one. Have a safe and Happy New Years everyone! Greg

Shorter dodger is better. Tall dodger is too 'old man'.

A little update this evening. I got an email earlier in the week with the plan going forward. They were finishing the visor and starting the bow rails and cleats. He makes his own since he says the store bought cleats these days are made of less than questionable metal and a pain to weld. Anyways a few pictures of the outside progress.

Attachments

• 91580616-32B0-423B-A48D-2E52AC28F456.jpeg
    91580616-32B0-423B-A48D-2E52AC28F456.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 284
  • 4D5C5744-83D7-428B-9C75-D60F82304FE2.jpeg
    4D5C5744-83D7-428B-9C75-D60F82304FE2.jpeg
    187.5 KB · Views: 278
  • pic146.jpg
    pic146.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 223
  • pic150.jpg
    pic150.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 228
I bet your just chopping at the bit!

I know I am... I’ve been out in the garage the last few nights organizing gear, spending time online researching places to take the boat and counting the days till the new motor gets hung!

What town is the boat being built in?

Looks sweet by the way!

I bet your just chopping at the bit!

I know I am... I’ve been out in the garage the last few nights organizing gear, spending time online researching places to take the boat and counting the days till the new motor gets hung!

What town is the boat being built in?

Looks sweet by the way!

Definitely getting excited the closer it gets to being done. I wish I was closer right now and doing some of the stuff you are talking about. I can spend hours messing around with gear and stuff. He builds them on his property just North of Courtney. I believe it's actually Merville. Keep us posted on your build.....it will be nice to see how your sea trials go.

Last edited:
Really enjoying this thread , was looking at his website man that is gunna be awesome! Congrats!

Thanks Jeffy! He hasn't updated his site with his last few builds which is too bad cause they were really nice. In all honesty I'm not sure if he ever looks at it....lol

Last edited:
I do a have a few more pictures that I will post today. I got voted off the computer and laptop last night by the wife and kids...lol Luckily I will have some time at work today!

So I added a couple of pictures to my post from last night. One is the completed visor and the other is the installed anchor roller and isn't a bad welding **** shot for those that like a nice bead....;) These photos are to show some of the work going on in the cabin. I see that he has started to fit the Shock Wave bases into place. There might be a bit of confusion around the seats going in. Not a big deal but might not be exactly what I end up putting in when it's done. I have to admit I'm a lot more of a stander than a sitter in the boat so I'll see if it's worth the upgrade later on. I plan on being on the back deck steering from there and reeling in fish! I can see some of the heat vents going in on the dash and some plumbing for the toilet in the cuddy. The cabin space looks to be roomy without wasting a lot of space which was what I was after. It looks like he has removed the cardboard steering wheel that he had in the Christmas pictures and began laying out the helm station. Still a ways to go but looking like a boat more and more with each update.......:)

Attachments

• pic139.jpg
    pic139.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 261
  • pic143.jpg
    pic143.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 254
  • pic149.JPG
    pic149.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
So I added a couple of pictures to my post from last night. One is the completed visor and the other is the installed anchor roller and isn't a bad welding **** shot for those that like a nice bead....;) These photos are to show some of the work going on in the cabin. I see that he has started to fit the Shock Wave bases into place. There might be a bit of confusion around the seats going in. Not a big deal but might not be exactly what I end up putting in when it's done. I have to admit I'm a lot more of a stander than a sitter in the boat so I'll see if it's worth the upgrade later on. I plan on being on the back deck steering from there and reeling in fish! I can see some of the heat vents going in on the dash and some plumbing for the toilet in the cuddy. The cabin space looks to be roomy without wasting a lot of space which was what I was after. It looks like he has removed the cardboard steering wheel that he had in the Christmas pictures and began laying out the helm station. Still a ways to go but looking like a boat more and more with each update.......:)

Are you planning on getting one of those flip down foot rests to elevate your feet when you’re sitting?

Are you planning on getting one of those flip down foot rests to elevate your feet when you’re sitting?

Yep just not a flip down one. In a couple of the pictures you can see a piece of pipe that looks like a grab rail on the port side seat box. There will be one welded on both sides to the cuddy wall. I had a flip down one on my last boat and it was nice not to get sore knees from your legs dangling all day.

Attachments

• pic139.jpg
    pic139.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 186
  • pic143.jpg
    pic143.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Yep just not a flip down one. In one of the pictures you can see a piece of pipe that looks like a grab rail on port side seat box. There will be one welded on both sides to the cuddy wall. I had a flip down one on my last boat and it was nice not to get sore knees from your legs dangling all day.

Good stuff. Some incredible craftsmanship going into that boat, she going to be a beauty..:cool:

Back