Anchor puller

scott craven

What kind of anchor puller are you guys using ??
was gonna try the plastic one made by "Anchorlift" out
of the U.S.
Trotac and outfitter's have them in stock.
any opinions ?

3366231644_e0f08f2b9c.jpg

anchor puller is on the deck, the white covers to the side are for up and down.

Take only what you need.

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

What kind of anchor puller are you guys using ??
was gonna try the plastic one made by "Anchorlift" out
of the U.S.
Trotac and outfitter's have them in stock.
any opinions ?

I use a metal hoop under my float, when you pull with the boat, the chain hangs and leaves the anchor right under the float waiting for you.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

Hey Scott,

I've got one you can try if you want that I picked up at Outfitters. Its aluminum and sort of polygon or triangular shaped. Line runs through it and over a bolt. When hauling up the anchor, the line slides along, but when you stop hauling the bolt slides down and prevents the anchor from descending. When you deploy the anchor, you hold onto the puller and let the line feed out by pulling back the bolt. Seems to work pretty flawlessly.

TenMile
<'((((><

Thanks Terry, thats the one my buddy's use...
I'll probly grab one of those next time i'm at outfitter's.

Thanks for the input boys .

[8D]

Hey Scott I have used all three ways first the aluminum one found it may have been hard on the rode , next the black plastic it's almost broken 1 1/2 seasons , now the metal hoop , I like the metal hoop best because the chain is pulled up as well . I still have the old ones if you would like .[:I]:)[:I]

quote:Originally posted by Whole in the Water

Where can one get a hold of this metal hoop you are talking about?
I am interested. Thanks.

Long live wild salmon!!!
lowrance.jpg

Capital Iron, they are 5" across and about 2 bux. Then get a big stainless snap to hold it under your scotsman, and you are set. I'll snap a shot of mine from my boat tomorrow. Simplest anchor setup yet, and it's easier to get it aboard the boat with the anchor hanging right at the float when you pull it.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

the anchor ring lets you use old rope or 2or more lines tied together the knots just go through the ring no problem. with pullers you cant do that they will jam up.

im going to try to get the boat out there this weekend tailspin will be looking for you out there. im not allowed to have a liscence till i go tjrough a long course so i have made arrangements to get everything taken out there you have to knock yaki down this year so good luck

Back